Windows 8 Cant see certain things I open

Storm Smith

EDIT: I factory restored my computer to fix the problem but I would like to know why this would happen so im going to leave this up

EDIT: Ive fixed my problem mostly but I still cant open my file explorer. Is their anyway to re install it?
Thanks

Hello,

So ive had this problem twice and the only way I could fix it is a factory reset but I don't want to do it again. The problem is that I cant see certain things that I open like file explorer. However I can open and see things like google chrome or ms paint. When I open file explorer I can see that it is open and if I hover my mouse over the app I can see the preview of it, but if I click it I cant see it. I think what causes the problem is when I play a game that only has small resolutions like 1024 x 768 it causes this. Im running windows 8.1 64 bit and my resolution is 1920 x 1080 if that's needed

I would appreciate any feedback on this problem I can get.

Last edited:
The g-card and dirrect X drivers are the most-likly problem.
1. Don't keep doing factory resets or you can lock your account with microsoft.
2. the fact that a f-reset fixes it makes a microsoft update/ download likly... don't allow them to auto install.
3. go get a image backup program... I use acronis true image but others on this forum report some of the free ones work well.
4. make a back-up image of your (working) system then install the microsoft updates some at a time until the system goes tits up again.

The g-card and dirrect X drivers are the most-likly problem.
1. Don't keep doing factory resets or you can lock your account with microsoft.
2. the fact that a f-reset fixes it makes a microsoft update/ download likly... don't allow them to auto install.
3. go get a image backup program... I use acronis true image but others on this forum report some of the free ones work well.
4. make a back-up image of your (working) system then install the microsoft updates some at a time until the system goes tits up again.
Thanks for the info, I just created a back up so ill be sure to use it next time if it happens.

Back
Top Bottom