Can't sign in..... is this Internet Explorer 11 problem ?

davidhk129

I just installed Win 8.1 Preview into my guest OS, Vmare Player.

I tried to sign in to this forum, and I clicked Login or Sign up, nothing happen.
Has it got anything to do with IE11 ?

Internet Explorer 11 is still "beta" software, and its known to not render the site correctly.

You can try to force compatibility mode, but there have been mixed results. See this thread for details:

http://windowsforum.com/threads/windows-forum-will-not-work-in-8-1.115250/#post-324362

I tried that. No dice.
I even tried the F12 developer tool, hoping I could switch to IE10, but there was no such option to do so.
I thought Win 8.1 would have carried IE10 from Windows 8. I thought wrong.

P.S. I apologize about the "media player" thread. I did not know it was not permitted in this forum.
I suggested the same thing in 2 other forums and there was no issue.

P.S. I apologize about the "media player" thread. I did not know it was not permitted in this forum.
I suggested the same thing in 2 other forums and there was no issue.

No problem, an honest mistake, it happens. Some sites have a no tolerance policy and you are banned straight away. Thankfully it's not that way here.

I still cannot sign in using win 8.1 pro preview.
And MS is planning to release 8.1 later on this month ?

You can't log into this site using MS IE 11 in 8.1 preview? I'm running 8.1 in Hyper-V (a virtual machine) and I can use IE11 to sign in with no problems at all.

Have you tried resetting IE 11 back to the default settings? Post some screen shots of the error message, the log in area, your IE 11 settings....and I'll compare them to mine.

You can't log into this site using MS IE 11 in 8.1 preview? I'm running 8.1 in Hyper-V (a virtual machine) and I can use IE11 to sign in with no problems at all.

Have you tried resetting IE 11 back to the default settings? Post some screen shots of the error message, the log in area, your IE 11 settings....and I'll compare them to mine.

There is no error message when I tried to sign in. Just nothing.

Deleted browsing history etc etc, reset IE11.

Same problem.

Image%204.png

Well I take all that back...I can't sign in either in 8.1.....just double checked....it's a no go for me.

I shall report this error.

I closed IE 11 in Hyper-V, opened it back up, clicked on the sign in tab and low and behold I can sign in. So I signed in. Now I can't reply to any post use IE11...wtf.

OK...try this....

You have to hit the alt key and go to tools, compatibility settings and add windowsforum.com to the list.

Sent from 8.1 preview

OK...try this....

You have to hit the alt key and go to tools, compatibility settings and add windowsforum.com to the list.

now I'm able to reply and sign in....

Have you tried running sfc /scannow in a cmd prompt, to check for any missing or corrupt system files?

I just installed Win 8.1 Preview into my guest OS, Vmare Player.

I tried to sign in to this forum, and I clicked Login or Sign up, nothing happen.
Has it got anything to do with IE11 ?

This is an usual problem of IE 10 on Windows 10, In order to get rid of this type of issues you should apply the below given trick:
  1. Turn on the Software Rendering Mode
  2. Fall Back to Default Settings
  3. Make sure that IE 11 is updated
  4. Reinstall Internet Explorer 11

This is an usual problem of IE 10 on Windows 10, In order to get rid of this type of issues you should apply the below given trick:
  1. Turn on the Software Rendering Mode
  2. Fall Back to Default Settings
  3. Make sure that IE 11 is updated
  4. Reinstall Internet Explorer 11

You do realize that this thread is from 2013

Back