Windows 7 Can't stop IE remembering passwords

krnp01

I log onto a site using IE9 (for some reason this particular site doesn't work properly on other browsers) and it kept remembering my username and password. I went into the internet options and changed the the autocomplete setting to not remember passwords or data added in forms, as well as for cookies. I also deleted the browsing history for those fields (pwd, form data, cookies, history). The browser still remembers the info however, and auto logs me in. If anyone knows a solution I haven't tried yet it would be great as I need to use this website but concerned about security.

Hi krnp01,
I am Sudipta_S from Dell Social Media and Communities Team.
With regards to your issue, i would recommend you to reset the ie.
To Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps:
- Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
- If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER: inetcpl.cpl

- If you use Windows Vista, click Start
-Start button
- Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER: inetcpl.cpl
- The Internet Options dialog box appears.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
-Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again

Kindly revert for further clarifications,

Thanks and regards,
Dell_Sudipta_S
Dell Social Media and Communities Responder
Dell | Facebook
Twitter
@DellCares - YouTube

This had taken the better part of a year and i have finally found the answer to stop windows from automactically remembering usernames and passwords and logging directly into a site before Ive even got a chance to decide I want to log in with another username. This got to be so nasty with Hotmail I had no choice but to leave them behind. Clearing the cache and cookies did nothing. Reset on the tools internet advanced tab did nothing (except made the menu and toobar vanish - press alt key and then alt+v to fix that). Hours researching trying EVERYTHING suggested. I decided it must be in the tools, internet, advanced tab and began researching everything that was ticked and then i found it In Internet Explorer, what are third-party browser extensions, and how do I disable them? - Knowledge Base. ....third-party browser extensions are plug-ins that integrate with the browser and are intended to enhance your browsing experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom