Windows 8 Can't upgrade to Windows 8.1/10 after factory reset

dan9457

Hey everyone my laptop's mobo was faulty so I sent it for a repair and they had to factory reset the laptop for some reason so now my laptop is back to Windows 8. I tried updating to 8.1 through Windows Store but it always fail, I tried MediaCreationTool and it fail too so now I have no idea what to do. Once in a while there will be a notice asking me to restart to upgrade to Windows 8.1 but after I click restart now it will load but nothing happens, not even restart. I have no idea now

Thanks
-Dan

this seems a little obvious but for me i didnt know i had to do this before upgrading to windows 8.1 Depending on the build of your windows 8 (build generally refers to which version you got based on release date etc) youll have a certain number of "important updates" in the windows update section. install all the important updates (optional updates are optional obviously) and then visit windows 8.1 in the windows store. If you've done that then it could be corrupt windows files keeping you from updating.

Back