Captcha Is Stopping New Members From Registering.

Andrea Borman

Honorable Member
One of my friends said he could not register here on the forum because of the captcha. I did not understand what he mean't so he showed me a screenshot which you can see and I tested it out for myself. Indeed the captcha asks you to assemble the pictures but when you do the pages just keeps on refreshing again and again to more captcha. So this needs to be fixed or you need to get word captcha because people cannot register here!

captcha2.JPG
Captcha.JPG

Unfortunately Mike, the forum owner, is away for Thanksgiving although I will make sure he get's this message.

Unfortunately Mike, the forum owner, is away for Thanksgiving although I will make sure he get's this message.
Thanks Kemical. You can test it out for yourself if you want. You will see that no matter how many times you try to assemble the pictures in the top right hand corner as it tells you to do. It keeps on saying incorrect. So it is not working right and it would be better to go back to words or numbers. As this will stop new members from being able to join here.

These verifications can be a pain. I've never tried to "bot" anything, I've always been the physical person I am, but I've had problems with cryptic texts and images you need to identify in order to register - I would make the claim that bots are more capable to do the job than ordinary potato eating commoners.

Take http://www.wassilykandinsky.net/painting1922-1933.php

Now, would we all be able to recognize? And what? Life just gets harder for ordinary people, while speculators gain.

With all respect for this Forum, no problem.

PS. This post went to Moderator Approval. No difficulty, I think, Moderators and Admin take care of the site. To think contrary is actually to think that Police shouldn't check crime, or Army shouldn't check National Security - and where would we be?

Last edited:
Yes the same thing happened with my posts. They got put into moderation the same as this one most probably will be. It's the spam filter. It keeps on flagging our posts.

Last edited:
I just made a new ussnorwaybackup account without an issue... is perhaps your java outdated?
Screenshot (204).png

Screenshot (205).png

p.s the instructions could be made clearer example the birthdate fields are not labeled which 1 is year and which is day. IMO There should also be a list of supported browsers… perhaps add a link to a demo video?

Last edited:
No I don't have Java on my computer. But I have tried it on other computes that do have and it's the same thing. So the image captcha needs to go and the admin needs to put in word or numbers captcha.

So the image captcha needs to go and the admin needs to put in word or numbers captcha.
To be honest Andrea your friends recent issue might not be at the fault of the captcha as I mentioned previously it will of course be looked into but at present Mike is away visiting family. As to whether it'll be changed or not remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom