Windows 7 cd/dvd driver missing

jventerprises

I know this is a touchy subject, but.....

i cant get my dell mini (16gb ssd, 2 gb ram) to install a clean boot of RC1 7100. It sticks at cd/dvd driver missing. what gives with this? does anyone really have an answer?

i have verified the hash, burned at 1x, 2x, 4x, run from a bootable flash drive, stood on my head, etc. What driver is it looking for?

thanks for the help

Hi,

Sounds like it is not recognizing ms ahci driver.

Go into BIOS and disable AHCI in the disk controller - switch it to ATA or IDE.

Hope it helps

Last edited:
Is there an option to enable legacy usb devices? Try that.

Otherwise:

Do you get that error trying to install Vista?

Sometimes works if you boot Vista from cdrom ( in your case usb drive)

Select Repair my computer ( under where it says INSTALL NOW) - select command prompt.

Remove Vista drive and insert 7 drive. Run 7 setup.exe inside the sources folder off the dvd/usb flash drive using command prompt.

Means you need two bootable discs /usb keys.

Last edited:
hi,

no legacy modes

i do not get that error when i install vista.

also, i didnt get that error when i installed RC 6400 ( i think that was the #, it was a previous version of the RC). I only get it with the 7100 version.

i thought the vista to 7 switch would work for sure but it still refuses to pass the driver missing screen

i guess i will just wait for the real version to hit the stores. its not that far away.

thanks for the help

oops,

i found the legacy usb entry in the bios. it was enabled. if i disable it the PC doesnt boot from the DVD

well, whatever the problem was with the RC, the retail version didnt suffer from it. It installed no problems.

Back
Top Bottom