Windows 7 CD-LabelPrint for Canon Printers

I had this same problem. I have Windows 7, 64 bit, and a Canon Pixma iP3000, and could not get CD-LabelPrint to work. It turns out that a little add-on module makes it all work.

I had a hard enough time getting Windows 7 to recognize the printer and install the drivers, but that's another story, which I will post in another thread.

After getting the drivers installed and regular printing going fine, I discovered that the official Canon sites (Europe and US) did not have any CD-LabelPrint software compatible for the Windows 7 OS, 32 or 64 bit. So Installed the Vista 64 bit version. But it didn't work.

I found the solution in this thread on another site: Link Removed - Invalid URL The writer was talking about Windows 7 Ultimate, but it worked for me.

Quote:
after installation i ran the program but kept on getting the " A compatible printer for media cd printing was not found"
and after googling and going to most sites and trying out their suggestions it didnt work.

but after installing this little addon all was sweet.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

none of the sites tell you this, so i thought i would share.
hope this will help someone in a similar situation.
I clicked the link, downloaded, installed and VIOLLA! it works fine now!

Pffft! Why pay $21.95 for something when CD-LabelPrint is FREE? :confused:

Oh, I see, you just joined this forum to sell your software. You ought to put in a disclosure when you spam like that.

[langtitle=sv]Re: CD-LabelPrint for Canon Printers[/langtitle]

[lang=sv]jag säljer inte programvara, cd-labelprin fungerar ju inte i win7 x64
och jag har sökt efter en lösning som fungerar.
Acoustica.CD.DVD.Label.Maker laddade jag ner grattis från en sida.[/lang]

Last edited:
Re: [langtitle=sv]Re: CD-LabelPrint for Canon Printers[/langtitle]

Well, I guess you aren't reading the posts, then. CD LabelPrint does work in Windows 7, 64 bit. That's exactly what I have, and I am using it, and that was the very reason for my first post. You know, the one right above your post?

Re: [langtitle=sv]Re: CD-LabelPrint for Canon Printers[/langtitle]

jag kan inte få igång min
har en ip-4200
vad har du?

Last edited:
Many thanks for this link. Worked immediately for me on Windows 7 Home premium & Canon Pixa ip4200.

Cheers!

I had this same problem. I have Windows 7, 64 bit, and a Canon Pixma iP3000, and could not get CD-LabelPrint to work. It turns out that a little add-on module makes it all work.

I had a hard enough time getting Windows 7 to recognize the printer and install the drivers, but that's another story, which I will post in another thread.

After getting the drivers installed and regular printing going fine, I discovered that the official Canon sites (Europe and US) did not have any CD-LabelPrint software compatible for the Windows 7 OS, 32 or 64 bit. So Installed the Vista 64 bit version. But it didn't work.

I found the solution in this thread on another site: Link Removed - Invalid URL The writer was talking about Windows 7 Ultimate, but it worked for me.

Quote:
I clicked the link, downloaded, installed and VIOLLA! it works fine now!

Re: Canon CD-LabelPrint

It definitely appears to be a driver issue.
I've found Replacing the Windows 7 canon driver with Vista Drivers, works the best. No need to download and learn another new piece of software.
I downloaded the Canon IP4300 Vista 64bit drivers from the Europe site and CD Label print is working well now. I'm running Win 7 64bit Pro. If you are having issues trying to find the driver form canon.com then simple google "Canon ip4300 Vista 64bit drivers" You should find a link taking you to the Canon Europe drivers page.
You will need to over write the current drivers you have installed on your PC.

Thanks to the original person that posted to use Win Vista 64bit drivers. You've saved me a heap of time messing around with XP mode.

Last edited:
Re: Canon CD-LabelPrint

One More Note: Have you suddenly found CD Labelprint not working again? After, say, re-installing your system or getting a Windows Update? If this happens, first try re-installing the "Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module". Make sure you do this AFTER Windows has finished doing all its monkeybusiness.

This recently happened to me and it turned out that Windows had replaced the drivers I installed with theirs. Thus, it stopped working.

ALSO: You may be experiencing a sudden error message if you have installed another printer driver. I had this issue after I installed an HP laser printer. It only went away after I uninstalled that printer. So try re-installing the Canon add-on module and driver again, but you may have to get rid of the new printer.

Back