Windows 7 CD-LabelPrint for Canon Printers

Garymac

CD-LabelPrint is a program that comes with Canon Printers , in my case Pixma iP4300, for printing directly to CD's and DVD's.

Has anyone got this to work with Windows 7. I tried the Windows compatibility wizard and it actually worked once. It took about 20 minutes and the program opened. I was then prompted to save the settings by Windows 7, which I did. However, after I shut my computer down for the day, it would not work when I started it up again. Since then, I can not get it to work. I tried "Run as Adminsitrator", but with no luck. The program will install, and it will load, as it shows up in "Processes" , but the dialogue box is no where to be found. It's like it is minimized somewhere, but I can't find it. I checked the properties for the .exe file, and it is set to open Maximized. When I try to open it, it says CD-LabelPrinter is already running. I've tried running it in Vista and XP compatibility mode, but no luck. I know it does work in both XP and Vista. I have installed all the different drivers for Windows from Canon support, including two different ones for Windows XP/Vista , but no luck.
I am running 32 bit applications.
This is the first problem I have had with software installations, having installed over 25 programs so far.

Last edited:
May be it depends on the version. The program as working fine with rc7100 but it doesnt with 7127. I dont know why though...

Canon's CD-label print

Yes I Had the i4300. Now I have the i310. Both come with the CD-Label print program. I never had any problems. I am using it a lot.
If you still have problems, you can download SureThing Express labeller. It works fine. It also allows you to make the center hole THE SIZE YOU WANT !!!!.

same problem here - on 64bit.

printer works fine though.

when running cd print - no compatible device found?

any cure?

leslie

any cure?

leslie

Last edited:
Canon CD-LabelPrint

I came here from google when having the same problem. No solution here. Damn...
So back to google.
Because I hate this and because I am sure a lot of people will have this problem I decided to register to this forum and bring the simple solution to this thread:

Simply install the canon printer-drivers from Official Canon Drivers and Software
(I have 64 Bit windows 7 and downloaded the 64-bit Vista drivers).

After installing do not forget to unplug and re-plug your printer to finish installation of the new drivers.

d7abdb681a8aae3e9b984f08c2bcfc0d.jpg

So back to google.
Because I hate this and because I am sure a lot of people will have this problem I decided to register to this forum and bring the simple solution to this thread:

Simply install the canon printer-drivers from Official Canon Drivers and Software

After installing do not forget to unplug and re-plug your printer to finish installation of the new drivers.

Just a quick note. The issue occured while I was running Windows 7 Beta. As soon as installed RC7100, CD Label Print worked with the Vista drivers (32 bit). In the interim, I had purchased Acoustica CD Label Printer which also works very well.

Just a quick note. The issue occured while I was running Windows 7 Beta. As soon as installed RC7100, CD Label Print worked with the Vista drivers (32 bit). In the interim, I had purchased Acoustica CD Label Printer which also works very well.

There are still problems with current windows 7 (build 7600 rtm) drivers. Not just the printer-drivers but also the "Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family Etherned drivers" available at windowsupdate. Network lost the link to my hub so I had to rollback to the old (vista)-drivers. Maybe thats not a win7 but a 64-bit issue.

except that those very few issues my win7 runs very stable and smooth so I already switched to win7 as my daily productivity system and pre-ordered my license at amazon.

hi i have a canon R320 great little printer dont drink the ink etc BUT

i had the same problem in as much the CD software works but the ink levels notifacation is nowhere to be seen i contacted canon who didnt want to know the reply was along the lines of well its a beta what you expect the guy also stated they had no intention of fixing the problem by way of a new update untill 7 is in the field released fully and even then a new printer software release will be for new printers only charming i said to meself :confused:

any cure?

leslie

I had the same problem in Windows 7 RTM x64 with the Pixma Pro9000 and CD-LabelPrint (v1.4.1)
I found a solution for this. It was printer driver related. Might work for other models too:

(Under the Advanced Tab in Printer options)
In the drop-down menu, I changed the printer driver from "Canon Inkjet Pro9000" to "Canon Pro9000"

This was enough to make CD-LabelPrint recognize the printer and run as it should.

Btw, in the process I had unintentionally installed both the Pro9000 and the Pro9000 MK II Vista drivers, so that might be why I got two entries of the Pro9000 (in addition to the MK II entry).. If you do get the "no compatible device found" error message, see if you have more than one driver to choose from in the drop-down menu, or try installing another driver or -version for your printer and see if that helps :)

Last edited:
Solution

I found this forum thread via Google and have joined as i have the same issue. Windows 7 RTM x64 and a canon ip5000 with CD Label print version 141. Message "cannot find a compatible printer".
My solution was to go to Link Removed - Invalid URL, download and install the "Add On" aomvstea23.exe (591KB) FIXED !!!!!

I found this forum thread via Google and have joined as i have the same issue. Windows 7 RTM x64 and a canon ip5000 with CD Label print version 141. Message \"cannot find a compatible printer\".
My solution was to go to Add-on Module for Printer Driver (Windows Vista/Vista64), download and install the \"Add On\" aomvstea23.exe (591KB) FIXED !!!!!

perfect works great.

using win7 rtm 64bit
canon mp750 printer
canon print label 1.41

So back to google.

I agree with Tyra Misoux but just to be sure I suggest you uninstall any previous version of CD Labelprint first. I found a couple of glitches even after installing the new Win 7 Canon printer drivers. So:
1) Uninstall CD-Labelprint (if installed)
2) Download and install Win 7 printer drivers from Canon.
3) Unplug and replug printer. (You don't need to shut down for this).
4) Download and install CD Labelprint from Canon.

That should be it.

For those of you who haven't discovered how to make the centre-hole the size you want in CD Labelprint:
Go to 'File' > 'Select Paper' and enter your exact measurements! Easy... :p

Possible solution

So back to google.

Some updates of the Canon utilites and drivers have appeared on Canon web sites but no update yet for CD LabelPrint. However, if you visit Canon Australia they state that v1.41 IS Win 7 compatible. I downloaded and installed it from their site and many of my operational issues are now resolved. It certainly is a lot faster than it was, about 30 seconds from pressing 'PRINT' to output opposed to about 10 minutes before the download from Oz!

Canon CD Label Printer

I was going GaGa trying to solve the same problem and then I remembered that when I first installed my Canon MP500 the instructions explicitly stated to make sure the printer was SWITCHED OFF and the usb connection UNPLUGGED until all drivers and peripheral programmes were installed. So for those who are still having the problem with CD Label Printer I would suggest;

1. Download the latest drivers from Canon for Win 7 and save them in a separate folder. Do not install at this stage, just save them

2. Uninstall all programmes relating to Canon (Look in your Start/all Programme area.

3. Delete the printer from your Devices and Printer section (Start/Devices and Printers)

4. Turn your printer OFF AND UNPLUG YOUR USB CABLE

5. Go to the folder in which you saved the drivers and starting with the drivers, install each programme separately.

6. Reconnect your USB CABLE AND TURN YOUR PRINTER ON

Windows will recognize your printer and install it. You should now be able to use CD Label Printer to your hearts content.

Good Luck.

Thanks, but that was not the issue

I had upgraded from one Canon printer to a more recent model so did not need to install drivers or software. With Vista and Windows 7 the basic drivers for a great many printers are included within the OS, but there is an add-on that is on Canon's web-site which I had needed for Vista but which had been upgraded for Windows 7. That was also installed.

The printer and CD LabelPrint had worked correctly with Windows Vista and also with Windows 7 Home Premium, but faIled to work correctly only after the further upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. I have since heard from Canon who say that CDLabelPrint is Windows 7 compatible despite contra-indications on their pages, but they were not able to provide any explanation for my problem.

The issue is now about 90% resolved as CDLabelPrint now works considerably faster than it did after the upgrade to Win7 Ultimate, but not quite as fast as with Vista. As stated in my original post, I had redownloaded and installed CDLabelPrint 2 or 3 times from Canon UK without improvement, but there was improvement after downloading the apparently identical package from Canon Australia. Canon UK could not fully explain that either. I understand that this is a consequence of Microsoft re-engineering the print engine within Windows 7 which alters the way some printers respond.

Re: Thanks, but that was not the issue

Hello There, I have tried everything listed here but still cannot get labelprint to open, when I open program it momentarily shows in processes but then disappears never to be seen again, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, had the programme working fine with 32 bit.
By using compatibility mode for windows 98 the program starts but cannot find printer.

Please can someone help????

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Re: Thanks, but that was not the issue

working perfectly with 7/64bit.

suggest uninstall ALL canon drivers etc. reboot, download latest from canon and install.

ok.....

just remembered that when i had the original problem - similar to yours, i also installed the following:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

now i don't actually know what any of them did - but obviously something triggered recognition of the printer and cd print software....

Back