Windows 10 Change Active Directory without changing user profile

rluca

Till now I keept many pc with the same Active directory username.
Now I need to give any user it's proper profile... But I would keep all the pc local profile, like email, desktop configuration etc.. I ve been trying an googling without answer.
Any help?

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

If the old username is JohnSmith and you upgrade that to a Microsoft id during the WX or 8.1 free upgrade then all settings except the password fields will be auto-transfered into the new username. Email is an issue if its not able to sync with the current rules... basicly any Microsoft email will do but not linux selfhosting or some other back yard job.

The new password needs to meet the min requirements so: 8 characters; at least 1 cap letter, a number and standard US keycodes (i.e. not $, * or @)... yes if you have a us keyboard then you can have $ but if you ever get a Australian/ UK english system or most Windows phones then you will not be able to log into your account unless you also install/ run the US keyboard layout as well as the one for your country because these keyboards don't have the $ key.

Thank you ussnorway for your answer. But may be I didn't explain.
I need to change the user I access the active directory service but want to keep the desktops, documents emails of every single Pc.
So I had created new users but if i access, i find new desktop that os what I want to avoid..... Because that would take a lot of job to migrate all workers profile and mails. Need to change something don't know why

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Then setup a profile and you can be any username/password without changing your main id,
Screenshot (223).png

Back
Top Bottom