Change My Documents

cryptogram

I want to redirect where My Documents takes me. I'm told I have to click Start button then click username. But there doesn't seem to be any username there. Help please.

bochane

Honorable Member
You simply right click on My documents, select Properties, there is an option to redirect.

Added:
I forgot to tell you that you better return it to the default before any major upgrade!

Last edited:

cryptogram

Mmmm. If I tr to open say a Word document I hit File/Open and a dialog opens with My Documents in the left pane. I want that to open a particular list of folders rather than the one it seems to have defaulted it to. Right clicking on it doesn't bring up a Properties menu.

bochane

Honorable Member
Use the Explorer, navigate to 'This PC', there you find 'My documents', right click it, and select 'Properties'

Hope this helps. Henk

cryptogram

You simply right click on My documents, select Properties, there is an option to redirect.

Added:
I forgot to tell you that you better return it to the default before any major upgrade!

cryptogram

Yes, but where is this? In Explorer or in the dialog when I try to open a file?

bochane

Honorable Member
Yes, but where is this? In Explorer or in the dialog when I try to open a file?
It is called Documents (but same function as My Documents)
Sorry for the confusion, I am on a Dutch version of Windows, so this things happen from time to time. My fault.

cryptogram

OK. Done it now. Thanks everybody.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.