Windows 10 Changing from intergrated graphics to Dedicated ones

jamie1981uk

What is the best easy way to swap between the intergrated graphics to the dedicated one and vice versa?
I'm torn between a rock and hard place at the moment because my pc is used for gaming and music production. My daw (Cubase 10.5 pro) and previous version have always crashed for no reasons and after speaking to Steinberg, they said it might be my AMD 5700xt. It would be nice to test this theory out but I don't want to take the card out. My motherboard is a Asus H370-F the cpu is a intel i7 8700 (graphics 630) and my gpu is a powercolor 5700xt. I'm using a DP from the gpu to the monitor which also has hdmi 1 and 2. my ps4 is in one of those so I do have a spare socket assuming I will require both gpu and mobo attached to the monitor? Would anything crap out on me going down this road or is it pretty safe?

For AMD you would create application profiles in the catalyst center and select your application and tell it which GPU to use. I would also verify you're on the latest driver for your discrete GPU

I'll give that a try. So it would just change the gpu on the fly and I would just need to change the monitors input?

Back
Top Bottom