Windows 7 Changing user account type

roozbehsf

Hello friends,

I have a strange problem. My account was an administrator account, but since I made a Guest account then my admin account has been restricted as well and I cannot change the security settings nor through safe mode, nor built-in admin account and nor using netplwiz. There all always some files or folders that are not accessible. Unfortunately they are a lot.
Also I tried everything while I removed the guest account but the problem still persist.

Can any one please help me with that?

Than you in advance.

Explain a little:

1. What kind of restrictions do you have.
2. When you try safe mode, do you have a low-level Administrator at the login that you can log into? (Is that what you meant by built-in)?
3. Can you create a new admin account?
4. When you go to your account settings, does it say administrator or guest?
5. Can you delete the guest account you made?
6. Open "My Computer", click on "Organize". Is the option "Folder and Search Options" grayed out?
7. This post is not exactly your problem but has some things that might help you: In Windows 7 my administrator account has somehow got set to - Microsoft Community
8. It might be something else that caused it and not the guest account. Try these solutions: How Can I Fix My Administrator Rights After a Virus Disabled It? | eHow.com

1. I do not have access to a lot of folders or sub-folders
2. I turned on the Administrator account (built-in) then logged in with that account to safe-mode.
3. Yes I can do so, but the same restrictions still persist.
4. It says Administrator
5. Actually I just enabled guest account and I can remove it buy disabling it.
6. No its not grayed out.
7. Thank you :)
8. Thanks again :)

I'm still not fixed on your problem. Let me ask some more...

1. Is it ONLY folders and files that you don't have access to? Do you have access to the control panel? Try this for testing purposes only: Click Start\run type in regedit and ENTER. Does the registry editor open up? Try to create any new key and then delete it. (ONLY do that!). If you can do all this, I don't think it's an account permission issue but a permission on folders issue that got messed up.

On one of the folders that you can't access (When you say 'can't access' do you mean can't open or can't do actions on files inside the folder?

Lets take one of these folders for a test...
Do this "Take ownership thing" Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek and try it on one of these folders and see if you get back your permissions on that folder. If yes, solving this will be easy.

I changed the ownership to my account from security tab in the options menu, but the problem is still there

And about the regedit, control panel and other stuff like that, I have permission to all those with my account!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 322
First try this:
Case of the mysterious issues with UAC in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 @ The Experience Blog

Then these different posts:

You get padlocks on folders and files in Windows 7 when low permissions have been removed i.e. users, guests account, authenticated users from the folder. Follow the bottom half of this webpage starting from Changing Permissions
Change the permissions and take ownership of your files and folders | Windows Vista for Beginners

Where they add Administrators add Authenticated users instead.

If your having problems with the sub folders still after that. Then from the Security tab, hit the advanced tab then change permissions at the bottom then tick 'Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object' and hit OK.

I've tried to get the ownership of my folder, it failed on first try because I only gave full control to administrators. I've written Administrators to owner, and it worked. It looks like the problem has solved.

When I right clicked on properties and security tab, then advanced and made my username (setup as admin) i told Windows 7 that i was now the new owner, it did not work. So i thought, why restrict this folder to just me. So, i clicked on Onwer tab, then click edit, then other users or groups and typed "EVERYONE" so after i applied it, it worked.

Also the problem is not just the permission it seems since for example I cannot play the music files on those folders if there are any. The error problem on KM player is as below, it seems KM player cannot access the file. And Media player just says it cannot be played.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 251
Now there are two problems:
1. I cannot change RunAs to _RunAs in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{CDCBCFCA-3CDC-436f-A4E2-0E02075250C2}.
2. When I want to apply security settings then there are some files that windows cannot apply the settings to (I attached a picture of this error) And it happens for a lot of files.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 268
Now there are two problems:
1. I cannot change RunAs to _RunAs in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{CDCBCFCA-3CDC-436f-A4E2-0E02075250C2}.
2. When I want to apply security settings then there are some files that windows cannot apply the settings to (I attached a picture of this error) And it happens for a lot of files.

You need to first take ownership of that registry folder (key)
Take Ownership of a Registry Key in Windows 7 - How-To Geek

I'm sorry, I'm out of suggestions. I would have to be there to struggle through this. If you like, I can Teamview you and try to help but I can only do this during the weekend (Friday or Saturday). If you haven't solved this by then and you'd like me to help, PM me on Friday and we can make a time to connect.

Back
Top Bottom