Check Disk for secondary Drive Stuck at stage 3

poorvish

Hey guys, I connected my Old Laptops 500GB HDD to my gaming pc to use it as a secondary drive, I ran the clean all command on the diskpart in cmd and then used disk management to allocate memory for windows and everything went fine, I rebooted my system and the disk check started happening from the bios the drive was stuck at stage 3 at 99% for well over an hour. I restarted the pc manually and skipped disk check, i checked to see if the hdd was working so i copied few images and pasted on the HDD, it worked just fine and i faced no issues. So i ran the chkdsk on cmd fro the secondary drive its stuck at stage three for over an hour now again what do i do to resolve the issue

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
If your hard drive's CHKDSK process gets stuck at Stage 3, it might indicate potential disk issues or errors that need addressing. Here are some steps to help resolve this problem:

1. Interrupting CHKDSK:
- If CHKDSK has been stuck for an extended period, it's reasonable to assume a problem.
- Restart your PC and skip the disk check to prevent further delays.

2. Check Disk Health:
- Use disk diagnostic tools like CrystalDiskInfo or HD Tune to check the health of the drive.
- Look for any warning signs or critical issues that might be causing the CHKDSK problem.

3. Run CHKDSK in Safe Mode:
- Boot your PC in Safe Mode and run CHKDSK. This helps diagnose disk issues without interference from other software.

4. Use CHKDSK with Specific Parameters:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run CHKDSK with specific parameters based on your needs. For example:
Code:
     chkdsk D: /f /r /x
- /f fixes errors on the disk.
- /r locates bad sectors and recovers any readable information.
- /x forces the volume to dismount first if necessary.

5. External Tools:
- Consider using third-party disk repair tools like EaseUS Partition Master or MiniTool Partition Wizard to check disk health and repair issues.

6. Data Backup:
- If the drive continues to display issues, focus on backing up critical data to ensure nothing is lost.

7. Professional Help:
- If you suspect severe hardware issues, seek assistance from a professional data recovery service or a reputable repair technician.

Remember, CHKDSK getting stuck at a certain stage could point to underlying disk problems that need attention. It's crucial to address these issues promptly to prevent data loss and ensure the drive's longevity.

Back