Windows 7 Chrome downsizing when closing another tab

BlackMailedAgai

Extraordinary Member
Running Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601) with Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Recently when closing a single tab, all additional table are downsized. It sometime takes a few clicks on maximize to get them back to normal. Additionally, my Chrome back button seems to sometimes go back in my history more than one site. I am wondering if I have a place in Chrome to check this (should I just reinstall) or is it a mouse issue? How do I determine? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

This is not a feature in Chrome. It could be an add-on, problem with your Chrome install or malware. I looked through all of the settings and didn't see a feature. You can double-check just enter this URL in chrome chrome://flags/ If you've installed an extension recently try disabling it from here chrome://extensions/ or I would re-install Chrome

Sounds like a virus/malware infection to me. If neem's suggestion of re-installing Chrome doesn't work I suggest you scan for viruses/spyware viruses. First use whatever AV program you currently have installed (Windows Defender (WD), Norton, Avast, etc.) and scan/remove all found viruses. Next, visit malwarebytes.org and download the free antispyware program MALWAREBYTES. Run Malwarebytes and scan/remove all found spyware viruses. Reboot your PC and retest. If Chrome begins working again, you simply had a Chrome virus :pirate:(they are very popular as Chrome is the #1 browser these days on Windows computers; so it is the #1 target for them!), and you're all set to go!:peace:

Best,
<<BIGBEARJEDI>> :usa:

Back