Windows 7 Code 52: Windows cannot verify...

LDG

A couple days ago my Old Asus laptop got infected somehow. The wireless adapter is not working properly. When I go into the Device Manager, I get the big paragraph that ends with "(Code 52)". Pressing F8 during boot and then selecting "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" works to get the adapter back up, but has to be done each time the computer starts. I have tried going into regedit, finding the Upper (couldn't find the Lower) Filters and deleting those (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}).

I have also gone into Command Prompt and entered: “Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON”.

After both, I still find myself needing F8. I have tried updating the Adapter, but it says it is already fully updated.

This computer is running Windows 7. I believe the wireless adapter is an Atheros. This is the computer that I access all my media through, so it needs to be connected. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

If you have not tried rather than updating remove and reboot to allow win to reinstall the driver might help.
Also if you had a MS update it may have replaced the original driver, delete and try and older version.

If I do the uninstall (probable at this point), will I have any ability to connect wirelessly (say from the factory setting of the adapter)? Or is this an ethernet/install from thumb drive process?

Also: I did check out windows update. Not the culprit.

Windows should at least install a generic driver. If you go to the MB manufacturers site and grab a driver and put it on a USB drive before doing this if win does not install you can do a manual install of the driver.

Had to do it manually, but this worked! Never had to take it this far, usually some sort of registry fix. Thanks!

Back