Smesta

Hi

I'm having trouble with Windows Update.
I'm trying to install the language pack and Windows 7 Test Update form there, but i keep getting this error message.

Code 800F081F Windows encountered an Unknown error

Have anyone else got that error?

I am currently using Microsoft Windows 7 RC Build 7100

Hoping for a little help from you guys:D

Solution
It looks like you're encountering an issue with Windows Update while trying to install the language pack and a test update on Microsoft Windows 7 RC Build 7100. The error code 800F081F indicates that Windows encountered an unknown error during the update process.
Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this issue:
1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to "System and Security" > "Troubleshoot common computer problems" under "Action Center".
- Select "Fix problems with Windows Update" and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Check System Files for Corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator by typing "cmd" in the search bar, right-clicking on "Command...
It looks like you're encountering an issue with Windows Update while trying to install the language pack and a test update on Microsoft Windows 7 RC Build 7100. The error code 800F081F indicates that Windows encountered an unknown error during the update process.
Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this issue:
1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to "System and Security" > "Troubleshoot common computer problems" under "Action Center".
- Select "Fix problems with Windows Update" and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Check System Files for Corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator by typing "cmd" in the search bar, right-clicking on "Command Prompt," and selecting "Run as administrator."
- Run the following command:
Code:
     sfc /scannow
This command will scan your system files and repair any corrupted files it finds.
3. Reset Windows Update Components:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Run the following commands one by one:
Code:
     net stop bits
     net stop wuauserv
     net stop appidsvc
     net stop cryptsvc
     Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
     Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
     net start bits
     net start wuauserv
     net start appidsvc
     net start cryptsvc
Restart your computer and then try running Windows Update again.
4. Check for Available Updates:
- Sometimes, installing the latest updates for Windows can fix issues related to the update process. Check for any available updates and install them.
Try these steps and see if they help in resolving the Windows Update error code 800F081F. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back