Windows 7 Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid.

cherrio

Extraordinary Member
This morning out of the blue I have many errors on my trusty Win 7 Pro 64bit machine. I have fixed all errors but I still get an audit failure in the event viewer under Windows Logs, Security.

This particular partition is the C: vol 3 which is identified as FAT32 EFI System Partition.

Is there a way to fix this? I have no idea whey this error stated this morning among all the other faults. Perhaps malware or virus but I have cleaned all the up with only finding a few pups that I have known about for a year and have left alone as it was a Wondershare converter program I had been using (until the latest version stopped it from converting anything over 500Mb and I uninstalled - but not cleanly enough and traces still existed).

Attachments

• TRI8066.jpg
    TRI8066.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 283
  • TRIFC96.jpg
    TRIFC96.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 387
You can try and fix the corrupted file by opening an admin command prompt and running sfc/scannow, it should fix it but if not could you send us the cbs.log it created with any errors it encountered.

Volume3 would be your C drive. The volumes assigned in diskpart don't correspond to the Windows object symbolic links. If you look in WinObj and look for the link for C: in the GLOBAL?? namespace it will likely have the symbolic link \Device\HarddiskVolume3

You can try and fix the corrupted file by opening an admin command prompt and running sfc/scannow, it should fix it but if not could you send us the cbs.log it created with any errors it encountered.
I will run sfc/scannow a couple of more times after I finish posting this, but here is the cbs.log from yesterday. It did not fix anything

Volume3 would be your C drive. The volumes assigned in diskpart don't correspond to the Windows object symbolic links. If you look in WinObj and look for the link for C: in the GLOBAL?? namespace it will likely have the symbolic link \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Vol 3 is the FAT partition on the C: drive and is about 100Mb according to the screen shot I originally posted.

As I stated before the IDs in diskpart don't correspond to the object IDs. Vol 3 is your C drive. The EFI partition will have a different volume object ID

You can see this if you download WinObj. Mine is different because I have an extra partition.
1533223189707.png

You can see they don't match up

1533223262875.png

Back