CodeChat 035 - Node Chakra | CodeChat

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Arunesh and team have done something pretty cool. They've built a version of Node.js that works with Chakra - the JavaScript engine that underlies Microsoft Edge.

Why would you do this? Well, because of Windows 10. Windows 10 is not exactly discriminant about which devices it supports and we're finding it on robots as well as phones as well as desktops these days. To really work everywhere there are times when the V8 engine isn't going to work.

They're doing it right too. They're not creating a proprietary branch - a road you can't come back from. The newfound versatility they're putting into Node.js is on its way to being contributed right to the main project. That's why this Node.js thing is so awesome - because such a rich community is contributing to it.

Arunesh can certainly describe the ins and outs better then me, so tune in and see what's going on with Node.js and the Chakra engine.

Here are some links if you want to get your hands on this cool stuff...

I hope you enjoy the episode. Please do take a chance to drop a comment down below. Let us know what you think, ask the guests a question, or recommend something for a future show.

As always, you can find me online at codefoster.com or on Twitter @codefoster.

njs.gif

Continue reading...

Back