Windows 8 Color Calibration Bug?

hawkeye62

Extraordinary Member
My Yoga 2 13 has a slight green tint to yellow. So I tried to do a color calibration. I decreased the amount of green with the slider. But, when I checked the yellow color, it looked the same. So, I went back to the color calibration and the slider was back at full scale. I tried several times and always get the same result. The slider always gets set back to full scale.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

I have two laptops with Windows 8. Both have the same behavior. Color calibration settings will not persist. I assume that it is a Windows 8 problem.

The green yellow color is a known issue with Yoga 2 Pro and other makes with 3200x1800 resolution displays. The issue I have is not the same. I don't have a Yoga 2 Pro, it is a Yoga 2 13. My resolution is 1920x1080. My other laptop is an Asus UX303LA, same resolution, same behavior.

Thanks, Jim

Hi

I see that a lot of people are complaining about the color on the Yoga 2 laptop.
I see one post has 116 pages. LOL

You can read through these posts there seems to be some information on correcting it to some extent.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-W...ro-13-Yellow-Color-Issues/td-p/1270427/page/6

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Wi...oga-2-Pro-13-Yellow-Color-Issues/td-p/1270427

I make my color calibration through my Graphics Card software not the Windows color settings.

In my case that's Nvidia Control Panel, I haven't had any problems doing it this way.

You might check and see if there is software for your video device installed on you computer or available to install.

Mike

Mike
I'm with you on making adjustments from the graphics card. I used the Nvidia control panel too. Windows was to much trouble!
Joe

Thanks for the replies. My color issue has nothing to do with the Yoga 2 Pro. I am using a Yoga 2 13 which is an entirely different laptop. And, I have the same issue with an Asus UX303LA. And the color issue has nothing to do with the calibration tool.

I can open the Windows 8 Color calibration tool and then open Google to the yellow example page and make adjustments that get perfect looking yellow color. But, when I close CC, the colors revert to the original settings.

That is the problem, why won't the color setting persist?

Thanks, Jim

Hi

I'd still try and change the settings using the software for the video device instead of Windows Color Calibration tool if you can find it.

I have to say that I haven't been able to find any information that addresses this myself.

Any search I do brings up the Yoga, 2 13 pro version.

It seems that your unit has an Intel HD Graphics 4400 graphics processor.

I can't seem to find anything about related color settings apps.

I did find comments like this....

I have recently bought an Asus notebook with intel hd graphics 4000.

Last week, my colors become warm/orange when the notebook starts up. the colors go back to normal when i start color calibrate without changing any settings.

Every time my notebook starts up again or comes out of sleep mode, the colors become warm/orange again.

This problem goes away if i disable the intel hd graphics.

Please help. thanks

I don't know if this is a viable option or not, but I'm guessing that would kind of defeat the idea of having HD graphics.
There were no replies to this post suggesting any fix.

Mike

Hi

I'd still try and change the settings using the software for the video device instead of Windows Color Calibration tool if you can find it.

Mike

Yeah, I overlooked Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. It has everything needed to adjust the display. Yellow now OK.

Thanks, Jim

Back
Top Bottom