Windows 7 Color of selected files

CabbageTree

Hi guys!

I would like to ask, whether someone has any idea how to change the bloody pale blue color of selected files. When I am using advanced settings under "Advanced appearance settings" it changes just the border of the dragged selection - no the selection itself. When I stop dragging, the selected files are have just the same pale blue color as usually, independently on the settings in "Advanced appearance settings".

2010-08-28_085038.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Might be able to help you out here....... If you're talking about the file or folders "individual baby blue colour" we'll need to modify an msstyles file to do it.

An Example:-
Link Removed due to 404 Error

If you're talking about the "big" rectangle when selecting multiple files or folders in a window with your mouse, you can change the border colour in Advanced Appearance Settings under "Selected Items" (this changes drop-downs and text selected colours amongst other things as as well).

To change the fill colour when selecting multiple files or folders with your mouse, change the "Hyperlink" settings in the Advanced Appearance Settings.

Last edited:
Might be able to help you out here....... If you're talking about the file or folders "individual baby blue colour" we'll need to modify an msstyles file to do it.

An Example:-
FolderSelectOr.png

If you're talking about the "big" rectangle when selecting multiple files or folders in a window with your mouse, you can change the border colour in Advanced Appearance Settings under "Selected Items" (this changes drop-downs and text selected colours amongst other things as as well).

To change the fill colour when selecting multiple files or folders with your mouse, change the "Hyperlink" settings in the Advanced Appearance Settings.

Hi Elmer, could you explain how I can change the selection color of files and folders? I don't know where to start with editing msstyles.

Back