Coming Soon

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Coming to a vehicle near you by 2015.
Seems our government is not satisfied with only legislating rules and regulations for traveling the Information Super Highway (SOPA, PIPA and now ACTA), it seems now they want every vehicle manufactured after 2015 to contain a bit of extra tech. Wonder where it stops.... so much for smaller government. With our economy on the rocks, people wondering how if ever they are going to get a job and the price of gas at the pumps (not necessarily the price per barrel of oil) going ever higher, it's nice to see our legislature keeping themselves busy rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
SEC. 31406. VEHICLE EVENT DATA RECORDERS is worth a quick read Full Text of S. 1813: MAP-21 - GovTrack.us
SOURCE: » Mandatory ‘Big Brother’ Black Boxes In All New Cars From 2015 Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I don't need all guberment required tech in the car... I just need AC, manual or auto transmission, engine, 4 wheels and a full size spare (doughnuts are best bought at Krispy Kreme), seatbelts, windows, bug shield, lights, basic radio, no computer aided anything-techno-auto-babble-dohickiemathing installed.

I also want pure gasoline in the car, not this farm subsidized, ruin the engine and environment ethanol crap. The only corn I will have in my car would either be on the cob hot off the grill, from the theater, or from a candy store mixed in caramel and/or chocolate... yum.

A Studebaker would seem quite nice right about now.

When I am in the US I am really happy about the low gas prices. $4 per gallon is a steal. Back in Europe I pay between $8 and $9 per gallon. But fortunately I can buy cars that do 45 to 65 miles per gallon.

The US does not have a price problem, it has a consumption problem. Misily 25 or 30 mile per gallon is just too much.

Back