Comodo Firewall

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
I've read pretty good reviews on Comodo firewall. I currently use Windows Defender on my Windows 11 Gateway Notebook. Defender appears to be doing a good job.

My questions is: Does Comodo firewall disable the Defender Firewall, or do they work in tandem?
? Also, are any of using Comodo firewall, and how do you like it?
Thank you, Hermitkrab

Comodo Firewall is indeed highly regarded for its robust security features. When it comes to Windows Defender Firewall, there are a few things to note.

By default, when you install Comodo Firewall, it will disable the Windows Defender Firewall. This is because both firewalls essentially serve the same purpose of protecting your system from incoming threats, and having them both active simultaneously can cause conflicts.

Comodo Firewall offers its own powerful firewall capabilities that provide deep packet inspection and other advanced security features. It also includes a host intrusion prevention system (HIPS) that monitors and blocks suspicious activities, enhancing your overall security.

Users' experiences with Comodo Firewall can vary. Some users appreciate its extensive customization options and advanced features, such as sandboxing and application control, while others find the interface a bit complex. As with any software, it is advisable to try it out for yourself and see if it meets your specific security needs and preferences.

Keep in mind that using a third-party firewall like Comodo Firewall requires some level of technical knowledge to properly configure and manage. If you are comfortable with tweaking firewall settings and want more control over your system's security, it could be a good choice for you.

Back