Windows 7 Comodo System Utilities Incomplete Uninstall

pasca333

I installed Comodo System Utilities 4 the other day to test it. I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to both install it and uninstall it. Revo found numerous leftovers and deleted them all. After removing it and rebooting (past the Windows logo), I noticed a brief message at the black screen just before the desktop appeared that stated "PowerRemover.exe not found...". Windows booted fine. I checked (msconfig) all startup programs and nothing was amiss. I searched the registry for Comodo, PowerRemover.exe, and checked all Run and Runonce keys.

I even reinstalled Comodo System Utilities and uninstalled a second time and selecting "Remove all settings...". The problem still exists.

This one has me stumped. I found an article (PowerRemover.exe) that mentions it, but have run a search for both PowerRemover.exe and shreder.exe (hidden and system files revealed) with no result.

Clearly this is a boot executable that has not been removed, but I haven't a clue how to go about fixing the issue. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Windows (as a SP developer), but really don't know what to do next.

I called Comodo, but "Nick" told me (in very heavy Indian dialect) that I would have to pay to get the answer. I told him that I would mention this on the Internet when I sought the advice of experience.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Comodo System Utilities Incomplete Uninstall - Solved

I installed Comodo System Utilities 4 the other day to test it. I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to both install it and uninstall it. Revo found numerous leftovers and deleted them all. After removing it and rebooting (past the Windows logo), I noticed a brief message at the black screen just before the desktop appeared that stated "PowerRemover.exe not found...". Windows booted fine. I checked (msconfig) all startup programs and nothing was amiss. I searched the registry for Comodo, PowerRemover.exe, and checked all Run and Runonce keys.

I even reinstalled Comodo System Utilities and uninstalled a second time and selecting "Remove all settings...". The problem still exists.

This one has me stumped. I found an article (PowerRemover.exe) that mentions it, but have run a search for both PowerRemover.exe and shreder.exe (hidden and system files revealed) with no result.

Clearly this is a boot executable that has not been removed, but I haven't a clue how to go about fixing the issue. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Windows (as a SP developer), but really don't know what to do next.

I called Comodo, but "Nick" told me (in very heavy Indian dialect) that I would have to pay to get the answer. I told him that I would mention this on the Internet when I sought the advice of experience.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Late last night I figured out where this devil was. Discovered that the black screen notice says: "PowerRemover not found...skipping Autocheck."

Ironically, I used Comodo's Autoruns program (part of Cleaning Essentials), which scours the registry, and found a line in registry tied to PowerRemover. Deleted the entry and the PC boots without notice. A simple search of the registry for Autocheck would also work.

Back