Windows 7 Company of heroes no Directx10????

We are the f3w : (

I to am experiencing difficulties with company of heroes, allthough I cant get it run at all,!! but most people are reporting it working???

If I find a fix I'll post it for you

Last edited:
far as i recall the dx10 came with the updates, so if you havent installed the latest patches then that's the answer, unless you simply ain't got dx10 video card or compatible drivers.

far as i recall the dx10 came with the updates, so if you havent installed the latest patches then that's the answer, unless you simply ain't got dx10 video card or compatible drivers.

I cant speak for the other dude, but I have direct x 10 hardwaire (280gtx) and the game , os and driver's are all the latest vertions i could find...

Also the game did boot to the menu, untill I patched it

QUESTIONS:

Have you run the install application as Administrator, right?
Have you done the Compatibility mode thing, right?

It seems like a lot of people are having similar issues trying to get their games to run on their PCs under Windows 7. Frankley, I am so sick and tired of this crap, that I am considering putting my XP hard drive back into my machine and selling Windows 7 on Ebay. It seems like really nice, as long as you don't try to run any games. Geez!

Sorry about the ranting!

QUESTIONS:

Have you run the install application as Administrator, right?
Have you done the Compatibility mode thing, right?

It seems like a lot of people are having similar issues trying to get their games to run on their PCs under Windows 7. Frankley, I am so sick and tired of this crap, that I am considering putting my XP hard drive back into my machine and selling Windows 7 on Ebay. It seems like really nice, as long as you don't try to run any games. Geez!

Sorry about the ranting!

Sorry but this is a crock of ****. Ive got windows 7 and had only one problem with ONE game out of over 50 sofar. Including Company of Heroes. I have the DX10 option availabe on my rig with a HD3870. It seems to me that most if the issues in windows 7 are due to Nvidia's defective drivers the same as it was for Vista when it came out.

Lexandro
user_offline.gif

You may be right about the driver issue. Because of the high level of bad press around Vista, I by passed Vista all together except the Vista Laptop I bought for my wife; who fates that laptop by the way.

I am speaking a great deal out of frustration. I cannot remember having so hard a time installing simple games. Kind of reminds me of trying to get DOS games to run back in the day. Oops, I am dating myself. Point is, I have been playing with computers for a long time. I have a little experience with software and getting hardware to work together.

Then again, if the drivers are F'ed up, it aint much one can do but wait for the OS, or the hardware mfg's to get their act together.

To that point, there was an update available tonight. Since that update, there are at least one game (DCS: Black Shark) working this evening that absolutely would not work as early as this morning. Nothing has changed on this machine except the update. Lets hope there are more parent fixes like this one.

Last edited:
Back