Windows 7 Complicated BSOD that will need many, many experts!

lonepalm

Came across this site while looking for some answers for about 3 weeks now. Decided it was time to seek extra help from people who know more than I do. I am a newbie here (and would like to offer my thanks, in advance, for all of the analyzing and time that will go into this thread). I read through some stickies threads about how to post for BSOD help, and I even downloaded the tool that collects all the info (thanks for that)! So, I apologize if there is missing information that is needed that I did not provide. I will do my best.

Anyway, I encounter a bunch of different BSOD errors on the first startup of the day. When the BSOD occurs, it dumps to the file then restarts. I figured out that if I hold the power button after the system restarts but before Windows starts, that when I start it the second time, the BSOD error(s) don't return on the next startup.

I found a dump file reader program and most of the errors seem to refer to ntoskrnl.exe. When trying suggested things found around the web, I have found that the errors have not stopped. I really don't know what has changed that would cause this, as I have had a major computer crash and have replaced some components in the PC and re-installed Windows 7 64bit. Attached is the zip file with the results of the program sponsored here to gather the info. PLEASE give me ANY help, no matter how big or small it may be. I am at my witts end and I have invested a lot of time and money in building this PC! Thanks again, and I apologize for the many hours that may be put into this.

View attachment lonepalm_seven_forums.zip

Hello and welcome.

There's really no complicated bsods. We can easily fix these from happening shortly.

First, uninstall the notorious AVG in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace.

-----------

Update your laser printer driver from Samsung's site. If you don't have one, then see this link for what it could be for:

DgiVecp DgiVecp.sys Thu Oct 30 23:38:29 2008

DgiVecp.sys Windows process - What is it?

-----------

Update this old Realtek lan driver. Type systeminfo in a command prompt then press enter. It will show you which Realtek number you have. If it's 8111, use the following link to update. If it's anything else, search the left side of the link for the number:

RTL8111

-----------

Uninstall Acronis True Image because these drivers are too old for Windows 7:

tifsfilt tifsfilt.sys Wed Aug 29 08:37:29 2007
snapman snapman.sys Thu Nov 22 03:19:33 2007
tdrpman tdrpman.sys Mon Nov 12 08:36:33 2007
timntr timntr.sys Wed Aug 29 08:38:23 2007

----------

Enjoy the new build! :)

Complicated BSOD that will need many, many experts!
Yup, we got one expert for you, he's got it. Just wonder which came first here, the problem or the workaround ...

Link Removed - Invalid URL Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hello and welcome.

There's really no complicated bsods. We can easily fix these from happening shortly.

First, uninstall the notorious AVG in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace.

-----------

Update your laser printer driver from Samsung's site. If you don't have one, then see this link for what it could be for:

DgiVecp DgiVecp.sys Thu Oct 30 23:38:29 2008

DgiVecp.sys Windows process - What is it?

-----------

Update this old Realtek lan driver. Type systeminfo in a command prompt then press enter. It will show you which Realtek number you have. If it's 8111, use the following link to update. If it's anything else, search the left side of the link for the number:

RTL8111

-----------

Uninstall Acronis True Image because these drivers are too old for Windows 7:

----------

Enjoy the new build! :)

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to respond with that excellent, easy to follow post. I did everything you suggested, except the last step (uninstalling Acronis True Image), and that is because I do not (knowingly) have that on my PC. Could that be referencing a different program that I may have installed on my PC? Not sure if it is easier/ helpful to list all of the programs I have on the PC, or for you to tell me what other programs that might refer to. Please advise.

Again, thank you so much for your excellent help. I will monitor the PC closely for the next week or so and hopefully I won't see those BSOD anymore!

Very welcome.

100% sure you have an Acronis application installed on the machine, and 99% sure it is specifically of the True Image product line.

If you can't find how to uninstall it, then this will do what's needed all the same:

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete these:

Reboot.

Keep us updated on how it goes and post new crashes if/when they happen. Likely will not be necessary if everything has been completed.

Thanks. I saw Acronis mentioned in part of the path for the Seagate disc wizard thing that I had installed, so I uninstalled that. Also, I went and removed those files manually that you mentioned above. I will monitor this for a bit and will post back whether it is or isn't solved, that way, if it is solved, it can be marked as such and can then be used for reference by anyone else who might get the same problem(s) I had. Thanks again!

Got another BSOD at startup this morning. It said MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I have brand new RAM inside, so I really doubt it is the RAM. The BSOD reader from NirSoft is still referencing ntoskrnl.exe.....not sure if that is of any help.

When I first started the PC this morning, it started up and as soon as the desktop showed, Windows Explorer crashed. That's when I got the BSOD. Attached is the latest scan from the SF Diag Tool.

View attachment lonepalm_seven_forums_2.zip

Thanks!

You have drivers that weren't on the system before, that are too old:

SSPORT SSPORT.sys Thu Aug 11 19:07:32 2005 <<<< Samsung Port Contention driver (This one was there before...could update or delete.)

DgiVecp DgiVecp.sys Thu Oct 30 23:38:29 2008 <<<< Windows NT 4.0 IEEE-1284 parallel class driver for ECP, Byte, and Nibble modes

I can't even begin to imagine why these would suddenly be present now. It's rather strange for sure.

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to delete those 2. Reboot.

Then you have this driver that didn't exist previously, which seems to be for NetworkX software or something:

ckldrv ckldrv.sys Mon Mar 17 12:46:29 2008

Uninstall that software and then check the driver folder for this to be gone. Delete it if not and reboot again.

Thank you! The Samsung driver might be because when I started the PC this morning after the crash, it started to install the driver for the Samsung Laser printer I have....not sure why since I installed the newest driver for that myself...I will try that again though. I will remove all of that stuff and let you know. I have no idea what NetworkX is, but I will try to find out. Thanks so much!

You're welcome. You could simply delete the NetworkX driver if you can't find out.

Also, recommended to install latest update for LifeCam Camera you have:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Drivers removed and software updated. Like I originally said, it seems the BSOD only come from the first startup, so I probably won't have an update until tomorrow morning. I cannot thank you enough for walking me through this and taking the time to help me out.

Your LifeCam is causing the bsods because the drivers have not been updated yet.

VX6KCamd VX6KCamd.sys Mon Apr 27 21:46:40 2009
VX6000Xp VX6000Xp.sys Mon Apr 27 21:48:54 2009

Your LifeCam is causing the bsods because the drivers have not been updated yet.

VX6KCamd VX6KCamd.sys Mon Apr 27 21:46:40 2009
VX6000Xp VX6000Xp.sys Mon Apr 27 21:48:54 2009

Ok, first startup just now in over a day and I did not get a BSOD right off the bat, but I did receive a "pop up" window with a warning saying:

Application Error (this was in the title bar)

Exception EReadError in module rtl70.bpl at 00034B6B. Error reading SkinData1.SkinStream: Access violation at address 00252A9E in module "WinSkinD7R.bpl". Read of address 0539853F.

Then, the firewall was turned off and when I tried to start firefox to log on to these forums to post this, I got a blue screen (sorry, forgot what it says, but the attached files should have that info somewhere).

View attachment lonepalm_seven_forums_4.zip

Scan for malware with Malwarebytes.

LifeCam drivers not updated yet. Remove the camera from the system if you aren't able to update drivers from my link.

Run this command from elevated command prompt for all driver letters on your system (change C to match the letters each time):

chkdsk /r C:

Scan for malware with Malwarebytes.

LifeCam drivers not updated yet. Remove the camera from the system if you aren't able to update drivers from my link.

Run this command from elevated command prompt for all driver letters on your system (change C to match the letters each time):

chkdsk /r C:

I don't know what's going on with these drivers. I am going to do what you said and just unplug it from the system. I will then delete the drivers and uninstall the software.

When I get home later today I will run the check disk and scan for malware. I apologize again for the driver issue. I do not know what is going on with that.

Eh, I tried to download it and extract the drivers so you can manually replace them, but Microsoft embeds them in a way that I can't access them to upload for you.

For now, remove the camera from the system and uninstall the software, to see if bsods stop occurring. If they do after some time, then you know for sure that was the definite cause (it was I'm fairly sure 95%).

After, you can reattach and install the latest driver from the linked page and take things from there to see how it goes...and post new crashes if needed.

Eh, I tried to download it and extract the drivers so you can manually replace them, but Microsoft embeds them in a way that I can't access them to upload for you.

For now, remove the camera from the system and uninstall the software, to see if bsods stop occurring. If they do after some time, then you know for sure that was the definite cause (it was I'm fairly sure 95%).

After, you can reattach and install the latest driver from the linked page and take things from there to see how it goes...and post new crashes if needed.

Thanks for giving that a shot. I think the problem with this webcam driver lies in the fact that before the installation I remove everything and detach the camera. I start the installation and then after it installs some files, it says to attach the camera. When I attach the camera, windows automatically starts installing the driver as well as the install program. Is there a way I can stop windows from automatically running it's own driver install when attaching the camera?

Back