Windows 7 Complicated BSOD that will need many, many experts!

The memory is failing either because of wrong bios settings or because of a defect. This is 100% for sure, as this Microsoft driver would never cause a bsod here as shown in one of your crashes:

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8003961430, fffffa8003961430, fffffa8003921430}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MpFilter.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MpFilter.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MpFilter.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a56 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

3: kd> lmvm mpfilter
start             end                 module name
fffff880`02ae5000 fffff880`02b12000   MpFilter T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: MpFilter.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MpFilter.sys
    Image name: MpFilter.sys
    Timestamp:        Sat Mar 20 01:58:08 2010 (4BA463F0)
    CheckSum:         00035D12
    ImageSize:        0002D000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Conclusion: Definite RAM issue 100%.

The memory is failing either because of wrong bios settings or because of a defect. This is 100% for sure, as this Microsoft driver would never cause a bsod here as shown in one of your crashes:

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8003961430, fffffa8003961430, fffffa8003921430}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MpFilter.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MpFilter.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MpFilter.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a56 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

3: kd> lmvm mpfilter
start             end                 module name
fffff880`02ae5000 fffff880`02b12000   MpFilter T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: MpFilter.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MpFilter.sys
    Image name: MpFilter.sys
    Timestamp:        Sat Mar 20 01:58:08 2010 (4BA463F0)
    CheckSum:         00035D12
    ImageSize:        0002D000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Conclusion: Definite RAM issue 100%.

Ok, thanks. I have replacement RAM from my previous failed RAM that I will put in and see if that works. The RAM that is in there is brand new, which I got after the original RAM was diagnosed to have failed, so it's weird that this RAM is failing now too, but I will replace. Is there anything I should know before placing the new RAM in? Any settings I have to change? Any special way to do it? I just want to ask so I don't run into this again with the RAM, seeing as this is now the 3rd set of RAM that I will be swapping out. If you could just walk me through it so I make sure that it is done correctly that would be great. The RAM I have (available to put in) is here, just in case there are specific settings or whatever:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks again. I really do appreciate all the help that has been given to me by everyone. Hopefully this will be the end of the issue!

Not a problem, you're welcome.

Have you set the bios to optimized defaults and saved, ever?

Now would be a good time for that if not.

I have set it to optimized before and I have saved it. Since the new RAM was put in at the shop, I am not sure if that has been done. I will go ahead and do that now. Any other suggestions before placing the new RAM in? I pretty much put it in the slots and start up? Like I said, I just want to make sure I am doing it the proper way. Thanks!!

Ok, tried to set the BIOS to optimized settings, and Windows wouldn't start. As soon as the Starting Windows screen went off, I got a BSOD that said IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This happened a couple times. Sometimes it also never went off of the Starting Windows screen. At this point, I loaded the fail safe settings, and Windows started fine.

Sorry for the delay. I have an email into my motherboard manufacturer and I am waiting for a reply. I cannot understand how all these sticks of RAM are getting corrupted (if that truly is the case). Maybe the motherboard slots are bad? Once I get an email back from them either confirming or denying, I will go from there and keep this updated.

It is possible that there's a bad slot in the motherboard. You can test the modules in different slots with Memtest86+.

If one of the slots keeps showing bad when the sticks are good in other slots, you have the answer.

Here is what I did with that memtest. I did the test with a number of passes without changing anything at all with the RAM. Then, I scanned again after swapping the slots the sticks were in (stick 1 was in slot 1, then was moved to slot 2, while stick 2 was in slot 2, then moved to slot 1. Is that what you meant with the above post?

Not so much really.

I didn't review the thread, but here's what you should do:

1) Test only one module with the other out. Then test the same one in the other slot.

If both good results after extended period of time, use some kind of marker to write a check on it so they don't become confused.

2) Do the same now with the other stick, in each slot until errors show.

If you have errors at any time, let us know here and then I'll tell you what to do next, if needed.

Back