Windows 7 Computer crashing every night after use.

Havoxx

Hey everyone, while I'm using my PC it works great, nothing wrong, no bugs, no crashes, nothing. When I go to bed, after about 20 minutes of being idle, I hear my fans spin up, and the computer reboots, like if it's losing power.

It always gives this error in the viewer.
Code:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000007a (0xfffff6fc4002c370, 0xffffffffc000000e, 0x00000000ab405be0, 0xfffff8800586e000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 082109-22354-01.

I can't quiet figure out what's doing it, and it's only doing it on idling, anyone know what might be causing this? I'm running WIndows 7 RC.

First, back up any data you don't not wish to lose.

You can try running the following 3 times in a row. Once might work, but I would do it 3 times as this has worked for others in the past. And that could have just been a fluke, who knows. But,,,,,

Click Start and in the search box type CMD and hit enter
then type

chkdisk /f /r

And hit Enter

Reboot.

Let Check Disk run through, however long it takes. Then log back into the PC and run it again. Do this 3 times.

DO NOT, By Any means, I don't care how many people say it's ok, never run any kind of Reg Cleaner.
They have the propensity and potential to cause more problems than the fix.

Once you do this,,,, find out what manufacturer made the Hard Drive and get thier HDD Diags and run them.
If it's toshiba, they don't make any diags for their hdd's, however, You can use Dell's diags. I am not familiar anymore with how to get into it. They are usually either in the BIOS or off the start menu. Call dell if you need further assistance with that. If the HDD is toshiba, you may be able to use either Seagate Seatools or Western Digital WDDiags. You will only be able to run the basic test I believe.

If it is any other HDD than a Toshiba, get their diags. They are better to run against it than Dell Diags.

Also, Run Memory Diags,, (they should run for no less than 4 to 6+ hours)
If useing windows memory diags (which is perfectly fine, they are very good) hit "t" when the test starts to run extended tests.

Try those things and let us know how it went.

Hey Tepid, thank you for the information, I have done the checks, and it passes all checks, including the SeaTools ones.

I was curious though, would this have anything to do with the fact that my Logitech G15 drivers installed the Sideshow driver? It shows errors for that as well, I was curious if that could be causing it.

I've not been able to find out how to remove the driver though, it's there no matter what I do, but I have a feeling it may actually be the cause. I can't even have the Sideshow driver activated for WMP, it crashes it and causes some insane issues.

Have you tried going into Device Manager and uninstall it from there and have it delete files?

Do a google search on 0x0000007a to find out exactly what that is.
It can be caused by a number of things.

Have you tried going into Device Manager and uninstall it from there and have it delete files?

Do a google search on 0x0000007a to find out exactly what that is.
It can be caused by a number of things.

Wow, I didn't know it was there *-*, thanks Tepid, I appreciate it.

Back