Windows XP Computer keeps restarting at the welcome screen...

philly

My computer was running fine. Then AVG detected a malware names KB.DLL. I tried to delete it and restarted my computer. Now it just keeps restarting after windows xp screen. I tried other options like safe mode, last known good config etc but no luck. Any idea what else can i try.
Appreciate all help
Thanks

Why do you prefer Bitdefender?
I don't remember. Senior moment.. lol.

Update: I think it was because it says it updates the definitions. Kaspersky probably does that too. Duhh!! Is there a reason you prefer the Kaspersky?

Last edited:
I don't remember. Senior moment.. lol.

Update: I think it was because it says it updates the definitions. Kaspersky probably does that too. Duhh!! Is there a reason you prefer the Kaspersky?

Lol, I personally prefer Eset. Kaspersky rescue disk has proved its efficiency on many non-bootable virus infected systems and yes, you can update it. But there's nothing wrong with BitDeffender, nothing that I've heard. : )

Lol, I personally prefer Eset. Kaspersky rescue disk has proved its efficiency on many non-bootable virus infected systems and yes, you can update it. But there's nothing wrong with BitDeffender, nothing that I've heard. : )
I use Eset too. I love how it doesn't bog down your system. You and I both run a tight ship so we'll probably never get to use our recues cd's. Our question may never be answered. :(

I'll throw in my 2 cents here. I like G DATA, very stable and reliable. Plus it's only $39.95 per year for their Internet Security package.

However, Kaspersky and ESET are both excellent security programs too.

Install a good antivirus program if you manage to login your computer and scan your computer otherwise re-install windows and run a full system virus scan instantly.

Back