Windows 7 Computer not starting

Cradoc

Alright I have installed windows 7 32 bit not too long ago. It was a clean install. I have had quite a few starting problems. I turned it off either sleep mode or not I do not remember, but it had troubles starting. Only after turning off the power to the power supply (via switch on the back of the case) and turning it back on I could start the computer with the power button. This happened every time from then on. Now the computer will not turn on. How can I get it to turn on??

Do you have this problem with the sleep mode only ? If you end up your session correctly by clicking "Turn-off" in start menu, does it boot successfully next time you start pc?

Is it possible you had a power flux? If you think you might of. Make sure your computer is off and unplug it from the back of the computer. Wait five or ten minutes. Plug it back in and try to power up.

Try what Sonny has suggested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I cannot check anymore cause my computer does not start at all is what I was trying to say.

If this way it doesn't work either:

Cradoc said:
Only after turning off the power to the power supply (via switch on the back of the case) and turning it back on I could start the computer with the power button.

then you should try:

1. F8 safe-mode and system restore
2. Repair option with your 7 installation DVD
3. Hardware problem ?

It might be a hardware problem because after having the power turned off and having it unplugged for 24hrs it still will not turn on.

I am sorry that didn't help. You might be right. Is there a way that you could check your power on and off switch. I am thinking that might also be the problem. Keep us posted. Also might be your power supply is taken a dive.

When I turn the power on, a light on my motherboard turns on. That is the only thing that turns on.

Back