Windows 7 Computer will be running, but no accessibility via monitor.

MichaelJohn

My computer functions like any other computer would, one key factor is I get no signal from my monitor. I just recently bought a new graphics card. And the monitor is fairly new, about a month or two old.

I'm curious if my computer turns on but I get no signal from the monitor.

If the power supply is bad it will not turn on.
I'm guessing it would be of four culprits(?)

Hard drive
Memory stick(s)
Motherboard
Monitor
Power supply
CPU
Graphics Card
Water Cooling System

Curious where the hang up is. For sanity's sake and organizational purposes I listed everything in my computer. Everything is at least three years old not including the monitor and graphics card. I know it's not a software issue, hardware more like it. My sabertooth x58 has two red lights on. I'll look up the manual about these red lights but in the mean time feel free to dissect this and provide input if you see fit.

Is there any sign of life from the monitor - does it show a power led? Does it show a "no signal" display. Have you tried the monitor on another system? Does the pc operate with another monitor?

I pressed the memok button and it loaded up just fine lol. Still curious what this did. And still wondering why the two red lights were on. I'm trying to locate what the red buttons are inside the documentation. Anyone know why it booted up when I used the memok button feature? A bad memory stick?

That's a damn nice feature when trouble shooting hardware issues of a new build. Nice link to video too.

I pressed the memok button and it loaded up just fine lol. Still curious what this did. And still wondering why the two red lights were on. I'm trying to locate what the red buttons are inside the documentation. Anyone know why it booted up when I used the memok button feature? A bad memory stick?

With knowing your system specs, my guess would be either a timing issue with the RAM or a voltage issue with the RAM as the most probably cause.

Back