Windows 7 Connect to online help

rcthomps

I'm connected to the internet and I'm unable to connect to the "online help" through Windows 7. It gives me the option to reconnect, but it tries and still doesn't connect. Does anyone have a fix for this?
Also, the system icons on the right side of the taskbar are completely white with no color at all, I've seen some screenshots with colored icons and others with color, how to I change to the colored icons? Thanks for your help.

Solution
To address the connectivity issue with "online help" in Windows 7 and to potentially restore colored icons in the system tray, you can try the following steps:

Fixing Connectivity Issue:​

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure your internet connection is working properly by opening a web browser and visiting a website.
  2. Run Network Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in Network Troubleshooter that can help diagnose and potentially fix network connection issues. You can access it by right-clicking on the network icon in the system tray and selecting "Troubleshoot problems."
  3. Check Firewall and Antivirus: Sometimes, security software can block certain connections. Make sure that Windows 7 Firewall settings or...
To address the connectivity issue with "online help" in Windows 7 and to potentially restore colored icons in the system tray, you can try the following steps:

Fixing Connectivity Issue:​

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure your internet connection is working properly by opening a web browser and visiting a website.
  2. Run Network Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in Network Troubleshooter that can help diagnose and potentially fix network connection issues. You can access it by right-clicking on the network icon in the system tray and selecting "Troubleshoot problems."
  3. Check Firewall and Antivirus: Sometimes, security software can block certain connections. Make sure that Windows 7 Firewall settings or third-party security software are not blocking access to online resources.

Restoring Colored Icons:​

4. System Icon Settings:
    • Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar.
    • Select "Properties."
    • Go to the "Notification Area" section.
    • Click on "Customize..." next to "System icons."
    • Adjust the settings to show icons and notifications, including the network icon.
    []Change System Colors:
    • Right-click on your desktop and select "Personalize."
    • Choose a Windows theme that may affect the taskbar and system icons.
    • You can also tweak system colors by going to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization.
    [
    ]Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Outdated graphics drivers can sometimes affect visual elements. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version provided by the manufacturer. By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the connectivity issue with "online help" and potentially restore colored icons in the system tray in Windows 7.

Solution
Back