Windows 10 connecting a miracast

corvairbob

i have win 10 and i see that i have the miracast in the pc but when i cast to the dongle the tv show the pc but it fails to work.

what i want to do is cast to the tv and still use the pc. i can do this on the phone. if i duplicate botha re the same if i extend then the home page is on the tv and if i move the mouse way over to the tv and click on the lower quick launch items my pc changes the tv does nothing. but the sound is coming from the tv. if i second screen only then the pc fails and if i pc only the tv cast stop and disconnects. i use chrome for a browser and if i go to the uppe right menu and then down to cast nothing shows up. it will with the chromebook but not windows 10.

so what i'm trying to do is run pluto tv on the pc and cast that to the tv and still use the pc. can this be done. if not with miracast then what dongle will do it. chromecast will not work from the pc only the chromebooks. i was told miracast work but i can't get it to go. if i need another dongle or program feel free to suggest that to me. thanks

Please watch the following video tutorial on how to set up Miracast correctly:

Are the latest drivers for your graphics card and wireless network card installed on your computer?
What about the BIOS/UEFI version on your computer, is it the newest one?
All these matter.

Last edited:
ok i do not see the parallels display adapter in my devices manager. nor the parallels ethernet adapter. but when i do the project i see 4 selections and when i click the bottom connect to a wireless display it show me the dongle on my tv. my wlan is set to automatic so do i still need to do a restore?

i can cast to the tv but what i want to do is have the tv doing one thing and my pc able to do other things. at this time i can cast to the tv but it ties up the pc so that is of no use to me. if this is not possible then i will go back to the chromebook as that machine can do it. but with that machine i'm limited to other things like programming my hearing aids.

ihave also seen wind 10 pc's that uses have more than one screen and they do some things on the pc and other things working on the other screens and they are all doing stuff differently from each other

so i can get the tv to show the pc but i can't get the tv to show a video and at the same time work on the pc doing different things. is this possible to do? thanks

...ihave also seen wind 10 pc's that uses have more than one screen and they do some things on the pc and other things working on the other screens and they are all doing stuff differently from each other

so i can get the tv to show the pc but i can't get the tv to show a video and at the same time work on the pc doing different things. is this possible to do? thanks

I don't know but I suppose it also depends on the capabilities of each graphics card

could be i have to find out what i have. so i need to find out how to check for the graphics on my system. i have the hp probook 6470b pc 64 gb 2.64 hz. so it sure seems this one should have a lot of bells and whistles. thanks

could be i have to find out what i have. so i need to find out how to check for the graphics on my system. i have the hp probook 6470b pc 64 gb 2.64 hz. so it sure seems this one should have a lot of bells and whistles. thanks
According to the official website it is either AMD or Intel. To find out exactly which of them is inside your computer, right-click on the Start Menu, select Device Manager and then Display adapters or right-click on Start Menu, select Run, type in msinfo32 and press Enter, then select Hardware.

ok this is what i get for it looks like i have intel inside! thanks

1570390037903.png

According to the official website it is either AMD or Intel. To find out exactly which of them is inside your computer, right-click on the Start Menu, select Device Manager and then Display adapters or right-click on Start Menu, select Run, type in msinfo32 and press Enter, then select Hardware.
this is correct... the processer is what you look at because its very common today to fit another [different] chip running the graphics
Screenshot (3223).png

ok lets start over. i can cast to my tv when i open the notification tab i see the project tab and when i click on that i get 4 selections i get the
1. pc screen only
2. duplicate
3. extend
4. second screen only.
so it must be working? but what i want to do is cast to the tv and then be able to use the pc to do other stuff. is that possible to do at all? when i have duplicate on both screens do the same so that would be like in meetings where you want other to see what your doing on your pc. when i have extend on then the tv has sound but only the desktop screen that i have on my pc. and the mouse is over on the tv and i can click ont items but nothing changes but if i move the mouse to the pc i can change things and work but the tv is no showing the casted item only the sound and desktop.

so is it possible to cast the pc for watching youtube and then still work on the pc? thanks

ok thanks just did that and it says best driver for your device already installed. so i will go to hp and for my pc see if they have an updated driver. thanks

just went to the link at hp and tried to install a new display driver and hp tells me i have one that is newer than they have. so i'm stumped.

Last edited:
with Extend screen try this;
open youtube on your computer screen
then drag the browser over to the TV screen to watch it but bring your mouse back to the computer screen... it should now be possible to use your computer while the youtube keeps playing on the TV

that is worth trying. one helper had me update my hp system and that cause me 6 hours of grief. not the suggestion but actually doing that update, when i did the bios that update reset my modem somehow and i spent 3 hours with xfinity getting the modem back online. so i took the router of the system for now and my not put it back.

but i will give this a try tomorrow as now it is time to take a computer break. again thanks and i will report what happened.

ok now i have all the hp updates installed and now i can't even get on the miracast at all.

before the updates i did get on it but it did not work as i expected. now i have the tv with the hdmi showing me the miracast and i connected to it on the pc and then went to cast and nothing. so now i'm worse of than before. my pc shows in the wifi network that i'm connected to the miracast device but when i open the casting and select anything there nothing happens.

so the miracast has these instruction and it tells me to open a browser and type in the ip address given at the top and i do and i get a menu and it says to scan and when i scan i see my network. it then connects to that but then changes the ip address and then i'm worse off than before. maybe this unit is just plain junk. it did come up and tell me it was doing an update and after that update now it is worse off than before as the ip address given now fails.

so now i just did a rest on the device lets see how this works. nothing. thanks for the help i give up. i will find something that works. this one is junk

that is worth trying. one helper had me update my hp system and that cause me 6 hours of grief. not the suggestion but actually doing that update, when i did the bios that update reset my modem somehow and i spent 3 hours with xfinity getting the modem back online. so i took the router of the system for now and my not put it back.

You can roll back to the previous version any driver. The BIOS cannot be downgraded as far as I know but you should not do that.
Updates, at least in theory, should improve your computer functionality.
The fact that the problem with Miracast got worse after updating the driver(s) only confirms my theory that it is related to the driver(s).
In order to roll back the driver(s) launch Device Manager, then right-click on the device driver you want to roll back (for example Display adapter) and select roll back.

no i will leave well enough along. i went and got my chromecast device form the living room tv and that connected up faster that a jack rabbit in heat and i could use my pc just like i wanted to do. so i'm getting another chromecast device. the miracast device is now in the garbage. they are junk as far as i'm concerned. it did not work with the chromebook and now it fails in windows 10. but thanks for trying to help. consider this closed now. as i will never go back to the miracast devices again. thanks

Back
Top Bottom