Windows 7 Constant Tabbing Between Windows

sja

Hi, new here so thanks in advance for help.

If I'm usinfg explorer and MSN hotmail I will frequently get constant switching form one window to another without me doing anything! Very frustrating especially when it switches whilst tyoing an internet address etc.
Has anyone else had this problem? I have an NVIDIA GT 8600 Graphics card and windows 7 64 bit Operating.

Thanks

SJA:confused:

Welcome to the forums, sja.

You may want to follow these steps to prevent an application from stealing focus:

backup reg. first

1. Click on Start and then Run.
  2. In the text box in the Run window, type regedit and click OK. This will open the Registry Editor program.
  3. Locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder under My Computer and click on the (+) sign next the folder name to expand the folder.
  4. Continue to expand folders until you reach the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel registry key.
  5. Select the Desktop key under Control Panel.
  6. On the right-hand side of the screen, locate and double-click on the ForegroundLockTimeout DWORD.
  7. In the Edit DWORD Value window that appears, set the Value data: field to 30d40.
    Note: Make sure the Base option is set to Hexadecimal when entering the DWORD value.
  8. Click OK and then close Registry Editor.
  9. Reboot your PC for the changes you made to take effect.
  10. From this point forward, programs should no longer steal the focus from the window that you're currently working in.
Or try it with Stealing Focus XP - How To Prevent Programs From Stealing Focus in Windows XP Using Tweak UI in XP compatibility

Hi - thought it had worked but this morning it started tabbing again!

Any other thoughts?

thanks

just checked regedit - it had re-set to old value? I've changed it again and see what now happens.

thanks

sja

hi, the reg edit keeps defaulting back to original values - is that supposed to happen?

thanks

sja

Back