Windows 7 Context menu error:windows is stopped working after right click a file

zoodje

Extraordinary Member
Hey,

everytime i right click on a file my windows explorer is stopped working.

With some files it works but 9/10 not.

I have already tried:
-deleted .reg files.
-disable enable context files with autoruns or shellexview
-replace explorer.exe
-replace shell32.dll
-deleted broken .reg files with Ccleaner.exe
-scan my system on virusses with:
*Norton 360
*Microsoft Security Essentials
-scan for
issues with cmd with the commands:
*sfc.exe scannow
*sfc /scannow
*sfc /scanonce
*sfc /scanboot
*sfc /VERIFYFILE=c:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll
Here is a video that I made. (watch in HQ for see the txt).

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">

PS: sorry for my bad English because i come from Belgium and I'm 14
and I had not enough for my English exam :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried this step:

Download the ShellExView is an excellent tool to view and manage all installed shell extensions. The rule is to disable non-Microsoft context menu handlers *one-by-one* and verify if the problem is solved. If disabling one does not solve the problem, undo the disabled item and disable the next non-Microsoft handler. Do the same until the problem is solved and finally identify the culprit. Scroll right to see the Company Name column in ShellExView.

Download the ShellExView is an excellent tool to view and manage all installed shell extensions. The rule is to disable non-Microsoft context menu handlers *one-by-one* and verify if the problem is solved. If disabling one does not solve the problem, undo the disabled item and disable the next non-Microsoft handler. Do the same until the problem is solved and finally identify the culprit. Scroll right to see the Company Name column in ShellExView.

I second that. Resolved the issue every time. It's some program that installs itself and puts something into your context menu that crashes Explorer when you try to access it.

I found the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tnxxxxxxxxxxx!
The issue was CTFTOOL ( a PSP Theme app).

Tnnxxx :p

Back
Top Bottom