control my updates

GOMMER1

why does windows have decision when to update my PC needed to use my computer and windows decided to install updates REALY IT BELONGS TO ME NOT WINDOWS

Hello,

Indeed, automatic updates can sometimes be inconvenient, but updates are installed automatically to ensure your system is protected from threats and always running efficiently. That said, you have control over your update settings and can choose when updates are installed.

Here are the steps on how you can manage your update settings:

1. Click on the "Start" button and then the "Settings" icon (which looks like a gear).

2. In the "Settings" window, click on "Update & Security".

3. From here, you should be in the "Windows Update" section. Click on "Advanced options"

4. In the "Advanced options" menu, you have several controls like 'Pause until', 'Choose when updates are installed', and more. If you don't want to pause but prefer to schedule the updates, under 'Choose when updates are installed', select 'Semi-Annual Channel". This will postpone feature updates for several months, allowing you to choose a suitable time.

Also, remember that updates are an integral part of keeping your PC secure and running smoothly. I would recommend setting them to be done during times when they won't be a disruption to your work or personal use.

If you find updates to be disruptive, remember you can also set your "Active Hours" on Windows to tell your system when you're typically at your computer so it won't force any restarts during those hours. You can set active hours under the same "Windows Update" section in "Update & Security".

Hopefully, this provides some clarity for you. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

because Microsoft owns the computer and you are just one of its users

Man, I hate windows for updating my computer automatically even though I had the option to choose when to update my PC. I just lost hours of work.. Damn you. I noticed a message had popped out on my desktop saying there is an update for you and you should decide what to do, if you want to restart now or later. I just went out in a hurry thinking it wouldn't do anything until I decide to. But I was damn wrong.. when I came back, it was restarting my PC anyway.. And because of this, I just lost my hours of work.. Wow.. If karma exists, you somehow will have to pay for the trouble you caused.. Once again.. Damn, you windows.

Back