Windows 7 control panel very slow to get to all items

pgrueser

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and I am having trouble once I open up control panel with opening anything inside the control panel. It is very slow and sometimes won't open the items I choose. Anybody have any advice? I am also running a BSR Screen Recorder 4 software and when it records I get background noise in my recording. This program worked fine in Vista. Any ideas for this problem would be appreciated.

My *guess* is that you have too much running. Run Msconfig and go to startup.... and see how much stuff you have loading when you boot up.

I recommend you turn off EVERYTHING and reboot and see if you still have the lag.

Also, there are a ton of diagnostic reports and reports being sent to microsoft ... all the time... from you Task Scheduler. I turned off ALL my Scheduled tasks and I've enjoyed a smooth fast system ever since.

Google a program called Autoruns ... it's free and FANTASTIC.. it shows everything your system is running/loading at bootup... including BHO's which are the accessories like google search that load with IE... Browser Helper Objects. SEVERAL types of malware and even viruses load through BHO's.

Back