VERY slow boot | Takes forever to get to the login screen.

bruh

Hi there!

My computer is frustratingly slow to boot when I turn it on, and i'm wondering if anybody could give me any tips on how to speed it up or what the issue might be. I have a feeling that it may be multiple things, like the RAM, CPU and HDD all being the issue, but I know that there are way more advanced users here than I am. Upon powering it on, it can take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes just to get to the windows login screen, usually closer to 20, which is highly frustrating. I have checked my startup programs and can confidently say that it is not that which is making booting so slow. Here is some information which may be helpful.

Device Specifications:
Manufacturer: Veno Scorp
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
Installed RAM: 8GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Hard Drive: HDD

Windows Specifications:
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
OS build 19044.2604

I think I have included all useful information, but if any more is required please feel free to reply and request more information.

Thanks in advance.

Hello! I understand that having a slow boot time can be frustrating, but don't worry, there are some steps you can take to try to fix the problem.

Firstly, you can try checking the health of your HDD. If your hard drive is failing or has errors, that could be what's causing the slow boot times. You can use a program like CrystalDiskInfo to check the health of your hard drive. If it confirms that your hard drive is failing, then you might need to replace it.

If the hard drive is not the issue, you can proceed to investigate other potential causes of slow boot times. You can try disabling unnecessary services, applications and startup software from starting up with Windows. To do this, you can follow the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
2. Click on the "Startup" tab.
3. You will now see a list of programs that start when Windows starts. Disable any programs that you do not need to start with Windows.

You might also want to check if your PC is infected with any malware or virus. Malware can slow down a PC and cause other issues too. You can run a malware scan using Windows Defender or any other reliable antivirus software that you might have installed.

Another possible cause could be outdated drivers. Make sure to check if all your drivers are up-to-date, especially the ones for the hard drive and graphics card. You can use Device Manager to check and update your drivers as mentioned below:

1. Type "Device Manager" in the Start menu search bar and click on it to open.
2. Scroll down and find the device for which you want to update the driver and right-click on it.
3. Click on "Update driver."
4. Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software.

Lastly, you can also try defragmenting your hard drive. Fragmentation can make it harder for your computer to find files, which can cause your computer to run more slowly. You can defragment your hard drive using the built-in Windows Disk Cleanup tool.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the slow boot time issue you are facing.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Back
Top Bottom