Corrupt word file - says to use text converter

westinsloan

Hello, I have been reading some posts about you to repair a file and it says to use the text converter. I dont see how to use it though. The attached file is corrupt and I think it is because my HD crashed a few days ago. I want to repair this file. Can someone try to repair it? When it opens it says it is corrupt and the text converter might be able to repair. Maybe an expert has some other advice.

thank you

Did you intend attaching a file? If it is a corrupted text based file then although the application program is unable to read it you may be able to repair it, depending on the application program which created it or you may be able to access the text using a simple text editor like Notepad. You could lose much of the text and document formatting and/or any included graphics but you should be able to recover some or all of the text.

If your word file corrupted, apply Microsoft internal function for such situations...

1. Open Microsoft Word from the "Start" menu of your computer if the program or the computer shut down while you were working in Word. Word often re-launches automatically after an unexpected shutdown such as this, but, even if it doesn't, when you reopen the program, any recovered files appear in a recovery pane on the left-hand side of the screen.

2. Click on the file that you want to recover in the left recovery pane and the last saved version of the file comes up. If the last saved version was AutoRecover and not saved by you, the next time you try to save the file, you are prompted to enter a new name for the file.

3. Enter a file name if you would like to save the recovered file under a new name. Navigate to the original file location, click on the file name and press the "Save" button to save over the original version of the file if you are certain that the auto-recovered version is the most recent version.

1. On the Standard toolbar, click Open.

2. On the Show pop-up menu, click All Documents.

3. Locate the folder that contains your recovery files.

Each recovery file is named "AutoRecover save of file name."

4. Open the recovery file.

5. Click Save.

6. In the Save As box, enter the name of the existing document.

7. When you see a message asking whether you want to replace the existing document, click Yes.

Any recovery files that haven't been saved are deleted when you quit WordTips

• If you can't open the recovery file, you can try to recover the text from the damaged file.

• To find out or change where your recovery files are stored, click Preferences on the Word menu, and then click File Locations.

You can use various manual technique which is available for corrupt word file restoration. As some of them already mentioned above so I would like to request use manual technique first carefully.

You can use various manual technique which is available for corrupt word file restoration. As some of them already mentioned above so I would like to request use manual technique first carefully.
Maneet Singh is absolutely right. If any Word user is facing corruption in its Word documents, he/she must try to repair them manually. There are few easy manual tricks which can repair corrupt Word documents without requiring any 3rd party paid software. Read this blog post to know to repair Word file manually: wordpress.semnaitik.com/2013/10/24/repair-word-document-manually/

Before you can purchase any paid tool, you must try the manual tricks given in the above blog post. You should only try a professional Word Recovery tool if the manual tricks fail or don't work. You can search best solutions on Google.

Thanks.

Kernel for Word is another excellent third party software, allows users to recover inaccessible data from corrupt DOC file. The software supports the recovery of data from various file formats of MS Word i,e.
This program has helped to solve my problem. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom