Windows 8 Corrupted Software Log files

Rodmar

My software.log1 and software.log2 are both corrupted. Is there a way to fix them? My anti-virus can't, tried avast and malwarebytes already.

log1, log2 . . . logn files are just backups of log files which systems use to recover from problems in processes such as such as registry updates. They are only called into use if and when there is a problem to help rewind changes. I don't know what you mean by them being corrupt but as they are just backups of files which themselves are only needed in the event of a problem you could simply delete them. If you are unsure about this then simple move them to a backup location in case you ever have need of them.

log1, log2 . . . logn files are just backups of log files which systems use to recover from problems in processes such as such as registry updates. They are only called into use if and when there is a problem to help rewind changes. I don't know what you mean by them being corrupt but as they are just backups of files which themselves are only needed in the event of a problem you could simply delete them. If you are unsure about this then simple move them to a backup location in case you ever have need of them.
Thanks for the reply but the thing is, I really can't delete them. My antivirus tried deleting them but it couldn't because its access to the files was denied so it can't repair nor delete them. I tried deleting all log files using the command prompt and the event viewer but those just always said that these particular files were in use so I can't delete them. They are actually infected by trojan virus. It was LNK:Starter-C [Trj] as labeled by my antivirus. This issue really slowed down my pc and as I observed, it would heat up without even running any application at all.

By the way, the complete paths were C/Windows/System32/config/SOFTWARE.LOG1
and C/Windows/System32/config/SOFTWARE.LOG2

Boot into Linux from a live CD to search and delete. As I mentioned earlier you could, if unsure, move it to some external storage so it may be recovered if needed.

sorry if this is late but thank you so much, i just tried what you said earlier this morning and it worked. thank you so much.

Back