Windows 10 cpu usage 20% - system interrupt

maudit

Hi,

the pc: QC5000-ITXPH

I've got a severe issue here.
When I open one of these 2 surveillance softwares:
-axis-camera-station
-axis-companion
, after a while the cpu starts load at 20% without reason.

the process is "System Interrupts" and I can't determine what is causing this.
I've tried almost all the solutions found on google and I even formatted.

with axis companion I also have problems with the hardware acceleration, the images have poor fps and lag, that's why I think there's a problem with the graphic drivers, but I dont really know.

I've already tried to use the software DPC Latency Checker, it says one of the files that causes the interrupts calls is acpi.sys..

I tried to detach all the usb devices, tried to change video drivers,
I dont know what to do, please help.

I tried it after you told me, but I still don't know what to do with it, I see there's the process interrupts, but I cannot kill it, cant doing nothing, how does process explorer has to be used?

You should use the Windows Performance Recorder and capture a log and perhaps we can track down the driver in question. Interrupts are used by hardware to talk back and forth, and perhaps you have a driver gone rogue.

Type "Performance" into your Start Menu while open and you should find it there. Set it up for CPU logging like this:
upload_2017-4-25_9-9-57.png

Let it record for about 60 seconds (make sure you are experiencing the high Interrupts issue while recording, you can always check task manager while doing so).

Once finished just hit the save button (that replaces the Start button on the dialog once started).

READ the warning about personal information, read it carefully and understand by sharing the ETL file you may be submitting certain registry keys and/or file paths.

Upload the zipped ELT file (if you feel comfortable doing so) and we can attempt to diagnose. If you're feeling frisky you can load the file into Windows Performance Analyzer and take a gander at it yourself.

What you would be looking for I think in your case is a driver causing the activity. You can drill down in Windows Performance Analyzer to CPU Usage (Sampled)->DPC and ISR Usage By Module, Stack. This should list the processes including .sys drivers which may be causing your issue. The one with the highest usage should be on top, and can be investigated further. Attached screenshot just for reference.

upload_2017-4-25_9-20-45.png

I appreciate so much this explanation, it's clear and in a english that I can understand. Thanks
I'm a bit paranoid about security and I don't think I'll upload the file.
I'll try to do it myself, but thank you very much again for your availability.

now, talking bout my issue, I dont wanna be optimistic too early but I'm so relieved cause I'm now,
since hours, running the system with the surveillance software opened and I dont get the interrupts cpu issue.
My last try was to update the Realtek LAN driver from the one installed by win10 to the one downloaded from the asrock MB website, that is seems to be more recent of about 2 years. I've also downloaded another version from the official realtek webiste but I still didnt try it. I'll do soon.

so, I think I wait a day or 2 then, if all remain ok I can flag this thread like solved.

edit: I still have issue with hardware accelerated images and axis companion, I'll open another thread.

I've been having this issue on and off the last few days as well, I have traced it to the ACPI.sys. Problems have not occurred until upgrading to the latest fast ring of 16179. I will do some more investigating and see what I can find.

I found that playing audio causes the issue to go away temporarily. I pulled my SD card out and the issue seems to have gone away for now (Surface Pro 3 i7)

Back
Top Bottom