Windows 7 CPU usage 80%-100%

yea those temps seem perfectly normal for CPU and GPU, which would lead the culprit to be junkware apps running in the backdrop or drivers being old.

I got the Catalyst Control Center, shouldn't that update my video drivers automatically?

you should get the top one listed as

"Catalyst Software Suite 85.3 MB 11.4 4/27/2011 "

Description:
Package Includes:
Display Driver
OpenCL Driver
ATI Integrated Driver
Catalyst Control Center
(English Language Only)

I got the Catalyst Control Center, shouldn't that update my video drivers automatically?

There is a certain "ritual" of how you update video drivers,

1. Download the latest Catalyst from AMD (the package that includes both the display driver and the CCC app)
2. Uninstall ALL ATI software via Programs and Features in Control Panel
3. Reboot and clear up with the DRIVER SWEEPER Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
4. Reboot and install the latest Catalyst.

There is a certain "ritual" of how you update video drivers,

1. Download the latest Catalyst from AMD (the package that includes both the display driver and the CCC app)
2. Uninstall ALL ATI software via Programs and Features in Control Panel
3. Reboot and clear up with the DRIVER SWEEPER Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
4. Reboot and install the latest Catalyst.

good advice as always m'lord :rolleyes:

Hi

I don't think anyone here mention CCleaner.
CCleaner has several helpful utilities built in aside from the normal clean all the junk out one I use every day.

Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!

One is an easy to use interface that lets you see what is running at startup and disable the ones you don't want.
Of the 46 things that would start at boot I only have 16 turned on.

You don't have to worry about disabling something that will cause problems because you can always go in and turn them back on.

I use Defraggler to defrag any fragmented files every day.
Run a full defrag once every 6 months, this takes a while, and then defrag files often, this takes only a couple of minutes.

Run the Registry cleaner app in CCleaner occasionally.

You might also check out the Black Viper web site for a list of service that can safely be turned off.

Black Viper’s Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations | Black Viper's Website | www.blackviper.com

Mike

Im I updated my catalyst control center and wow! I felt the change between 20 fps average and 30 fps average. It's good for now untill I get my new computer parts :p I'll start doing some weekly defrags and stuff like that. Thanks guys :D

Back