Windows 7 Crashes when waking up from sleep

Shenji

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k (Not OC'ed)
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory / Crucial Technology 8GB 1600 DDR3
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR 80+ GOLD
HDD(s): Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM
GPU: MSI R9 380 2GB (not oc'ed)
MB: ASRock Z97 Extreme6

This started occurring after a couple of windows updates; I have no clue which ones they are because I didn't pay attention when I had an update and I just let Windows Update:
Capture.JPG

The screenshot above showed the last time I installed the updates was around the end of last year.

I've tried most of the things that people have done but its still no good; like going to the power options -> change advanced power settings -> Hard disk -> turn off hard disk after -> Setting: never. I've also tried going to the device manager, changing one of the USB Root Hub's settings and unchecking the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I've had 2 BSOD's so far and they both says the same thing in BlueScreenView: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR.

here's the link to both of them:

BSOD on 2/4/18

BSOD on 2/11/18

I also went to BIOS, made sure that my settings weren't interfering with how my computer sleeps, still no good. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A0, {9, ffffffffc0000001, 1, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PopEndMirroring+145 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
apparently the bsod occurred whilst the hibernation file was being prepared.

I didn't see a driver mentioned but notice your running Panda AV suite. As third party AV suites are often the cause of issues we always ask that you uninstall Panda for now and just use Defender. This is simply so we can rule the AV suite out and I guess you could remove it and then try sleep again.
Just before you do though please find command prompt via the start menu, right click on it, choose properties and run as administrator. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. This scan wil hopefully clean up any corruption you may have within the os.
Once the scan has finished (run it more than once if it cannot repair files) and all is well then try sleep again.
If all seems well then try popping Panda back on and see how you go.
FYI
BIOS_VERSION: P2.50
BIOS_DATE: 10/06/2015
BASEBOARD_MANUFACTURER: ASRock
BASEBOARD_PRODUCT: Z97 Extreme6

Latest bios stands at 2.70
changelog:
1.Update NTFS module.
2.Add ME FW version in BIOS setup.
3.Add NVMe support
ASRock > Z97 Extreme6

You may have some later driver versions on the above support page too.

Post any new dump files.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A0, {9, ffffffffc0000001, 1, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PopEndMirroring+145 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
apparently the bsod occurred whilst the hibernation file was being prepared.

I didn't see a driver mentioned but notice your running Panda AV suite. As third party AV suites are often the cause of issues we always ask that you uninstall Panda for now and just use Defender. This is simply so we can rule the AV suite out and I guess you could remove it and then try sleep again.
Just before you do though please find command prompt via the start menu, right click on it, choose properties and run as administrator. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. This scan wil hopefully clean up any corruption you may have within the os.
Once the scan has finished (run it more than once if it cannot repair files) and all is well then try sleep again.
If all seems well then try popping Panda back on and see how you go.
FYI
BIOS_VERSION: P2.50
BIOS_DATE: 10/06/2015
BASEBOARD_MANUFACTURER: ASRock
BASEBOARD_PRODUCT: Z97 Extreme6

Latest bios stands at 2.70
changelog:
1.Update NTFS module.
2.Add ME FW version in BIOS setup.
3.Add NVMe support
ASRock > Z97 Extreme6

You may have some later driver versions on the above support page too.

Post any new dump files.

Thank you for taking your time on me; I've ran the sfc /scannow 2 times and i've gotten no issues whatsoever:

76268e3e296351f299599bc4203044f0-png.35915

Also I uninstalled Panda AV, updated Windows Defender, tried going to sleep, pressing the keyboard wakes up the LED lights, pressing the mouse does the whole crash thing where it'll start up and say Windows failed to start.

im sorry but How would I go with updating BIOS? i'm a little bit confused, i downloaded the latest firmware but do I have to go to the BIOS menu itself and install it from there?

EDIT1: windows didn't gave me any dmp files or anything aswell

Attachments

• 76268e3e296351f299599bc4203044f0.png
    76268e3e296351f299599bc4203044f0.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 654
This is an old trick which may help, try turning off 'Hybrid sleep', found via the advanced power options in the control panel:
off.jpg

This is an old trick which may help, try turning off 'Hybrid sleep', found via the advanced power options in the control panel:
View attachment 35917

That worked, thank you! I'll keep an update but for now it's working again. Thank you so much.

While I wish most of my problems went away, i'm sorry to alter the thread topic but if it doesn't bother you; my Windows Update also isn't working properly. Everytime I check for an update it gives me Error(s) found: Code 80072EE2:

Capture2.JPG

I've actually tried the whole restarting windows update through services.msc and restarting computer and deleting files from the SoftwareDistribution folder but stil no avail, what could be causing this?

In the link here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4009440 is the first 'roll up' so hit the link lower down the page to find the download.

Also the history of 'roll up' monthly updates for win 7 (written on left hand side in blue) can be used to find all missing updates

Thank you for the handful of links, I did use the fixit thing from Microsoft and it said it fixed registry handles and some other components but Windows Update still doesn't work, i've restarted the Windows Updated service, manually installed updates (it either gives me that I already installed the updates or it says 'The Update is not applicable to your computer'). I was also reading some articles online to fix this issue; one of them suggested downloading a Microsoft Update called KB3172605 which is what you also linked me in your second reply, it said it installed. So I opened Windows Update to check for updates again and in a couple of minutes, my computer just shut down without any messages, then turned on again, was able to log back in. No BSOD's, no dmp files, nothing, but Windows Update still doesn't work..

but Windows Update still doesn't work..
Do you mean it comes back with an error code or that it simply finds nothing?

If it's because it doesn't find anything then that is because as I wrote above that Windows 7 updates are now released as monthly roll ups and need to be downloaded from the microsoft download center.

Do you mean it comes back with an error code or that it simply finds nothing?

If it's because it doesn't find anything then that is because as I wrote above that Windows 7 updates are now released as monthly roll ups and need to be downloaded from the microsoft download center.

It comes back with an error code and if I restart my computer and try checking for updates again it'll give me a similar result, error with a different error name.

I see, am I just supposed to start downloading the updates where my last one left off? Also, I've downloaded one of the updates in the link you sent me, I went in the bottom to top and when I tried downloading KB3185278, it gave me a prompt saying "The Update is not applicable to your computer". For reference, my Windows Update settings is set to, "never check for updates", what am I doing wrong here?

This might not be relevant, but since mid January I have had problems with a Windows 8.1 PC waking from sleep. The disks wake for about two seconds and then the system powers off.

As a work around to test if it is similar, try disabling hibernation. To do this open an administrator command prompt and type the command:

POWERCFG /H OFF

then restart the PC. This will mean that hibernation is no longer possible, which I never use as an explicit action. It also means that the Fast Start-up feature is disabled. Since I replaced the HDD holding the C: drive with an SSD, this makes very little difference to my PC's start-up times. Finally, and this is only really significant if there is no battery backup, hybrid sleep no longer works. (Hybrid sleep creates a hibernation image when the computer sleeps, and if power is lost the image can be reloaded. If power remains on, the hibernation image is not used and is discarded as the RAM still holds the image.) A laptop can sleep for many hours without having to rely on a hibernation image.

If this is not an appropriate solution, hibernate can be re-enabled using the command:

POWERCFG /H ON

followed by a restart.

I hope this is useful.

Back
Top Bottom