Windows 7 Crashing after update

Walter Futch

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 7741Z-5731. It came with Windows 7 installed, which all was fine for the first few days, then Windows Update decided it was time for an update. Ever since then I have had issues with Windows. Immediately upon boot up it goes into Startup Repair, which of course it is unable to repair the problems. I did view the diagnostic and repair details and it does not tell me anything other than "startup repair tried several times but can not find the cause of this problem". I have restored everything on this machine several times and it does the same thing, after the Windows Update it goes haywire and crashes and will not reboot. I have already contacted Acer Tech Support and told them exactly what was happening and that I have restored several times, they were completely useless and told me to try a system restore.... already did that several times. Any other suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Walter Futch:
Hello and welcome to the forums
Let's assume that you have identified your issue....Windows Update.
Right click computer and choose properties
Select the Harware tab at the top
Click the button that says "Device Installation Settings"
Select the radio button that says "No let me choose what to do"
Select the radio button that says "Never install driver software from Windows Update"
Click Save Changes.
In the future, use the computer manufacturer's website or else the actual device manufacturer's website to update drivers for your hardware devices.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom