Windows Vista Create windows vista sidebar widgets

M

mr jazzy

Ive just found out that you can actually create windows vista sidebar widgets or gadgets whatever you want to call them. Has anyone done this yet im interested in doing it if it aint too hard. You can create almost anything from what ive read very interesting stuff. Aparently you need to know basic html. But there are step by step applications out there from this article. Link Removed due to 404 Error

One has to be carefull concerning security though...So just be carefull what you download or put on your machine.

I know it's kind of a 'given' but just thought I'd say my bit..:rolleyes:

Ive just found out that you can actually create windows vista sidebar widgets or gadgets whatever you want to call them. Has anyone done this yet im interested in doing it if it aint too hard. You can create almost anything from what ive read very interesting stuff. Aparently you need to know basic html. But there are step by step applications out there from this article. Home
The only book I've ever seen in print is called " Windows Vista Sidebar: Your visual blue print for developing cool gadgets for Windows OS (Visual Blue Print) by Dave K. As I understand it wasn't rated the best, but at the time there wasn't much choice. If there is anything going on other than your article, it might been hunted for in Vista123.net.com. They specialize in loads of customization topics. There is a member of our group that makes his own Vista Game Icons (kchamp- junior member) He has his own site: Vista Game Icons.

One has to be carefull concerning security though...So just be carefull what you download or put on your machine.
Why is there a security problem ??? I'd also like to know how you get your moving images to print without the attachment ?

Hi Celestra

I went to have a look at that "home" link you left and my anti-virus started giving out warnings. Anyone else have the same result????????

IF IN DOUBT, LEAVE IT OUT

Hi Celestra

I went to have a look at that "home" link you left and my anti-virus started giving out warnings. Anyone else have the same result????????

IF IN DOUBT, LEAVE IT OUT
I tried the home link but got pop ups out the wazoo so I left as quick as I could.:eek:

I got some crap on my old PC that I can't seem to get rid of. I'm using PC Doctor and it finds it but wont remove it. I've also tried Ad aware and it don't even find it. Any suggestions?

Why is there a security problem ??? I'd also like to know how you get your moving images to print without the attachment ?
The security problem is that some evil idiot will create a widget or something similar to get access to your machine.

Fatboy, have you tried using a different anti-virus or spyware?

I'm currently looking into other programs to solve my issue but I have to leave to go to work 4 hrs early to day :( so I wont have time. I'm sure by the time I get home I'll be too tired to give a Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hi!! I'm not sure about the pig, it came from my clip manager. The manufacturer may only want it on personal correspondence. It may be something against copying it. I don't think the person who receives the e-mail will have a problem. I want to know why it can only go as an attachment......

I saw those game icons, and they're nice. Except I haven't got those games on my computer. Had no problem accessing his site from Windows Vista Forums !!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody cared to look I'll bet, kinda rude.

:) Hi!! Everybody!! If you're talking to me, that Home site isn't from me, it's from Mr. Jazzy. I looked at it, and not a single bell or whistle went off in my security. Norton gives constant quick scans.---There is somebody or something that keeps trying to attack me -on a regular basis, (Pro scan) anybody ever heard of it? Now about that Pig, I want to use it the way you use your moving characters. I can't put it into my e-mails directly, only as an attachment. It's no fun that way. I pick these things up from Microsoft, throw-aways, ancient freebies.

Back
Top Bottom