Windows 7 Creative Extigy External Sound

greenarrow1

As old as Creative Extigy external sound device is it was easy to install and set up in Windows 7 by using compatible with XP and the latest old drivers Creative has along with their player. Using 5.1 speaker set up with Artez speakers connected to the external device made it easier.

Hi,

I have not been able to get this right. Do you have any links to the drivers which you used and were working?

Drivers

The most important part is you have to be in XP compatible mode and using Admin rights. If you do not do this no driver will work. To be in XP Mode you right click the driver you are installing and then select troubleshoot, then select XP Mode. Remember you must be in the administrative mode for the desktop and not your user sign in. Windows 7 defaults to user mode when you boot into it.

You also must disable your other sound device whether it is on board or another card for this to work as Windows 7 reads both cards so there will be a conflict. Because of the age of this external sound device along with Creative lack of making new drivers for it there is a problem. Creative has a very bad problem keeping its drivers up to date even the new ones.

I only did this just to test Windows 7 compatibility modes to see if they actually work with older hardware.

Thanks for your assistance

Ok I will login as Admin & I am familiar with compatility - so this will be ok. The problem is I don't thik I have the correct drivers and there are so many diffren ones online. Can you please assist here and direct me to the driver you tested?

If I get this right I think there will be a lot of happy owners of the Extigy - I have found a lot of online forums with similar problems with no solution - this seems to be the 1st one. Let's hope we can get it right with a nice tutorial for people.

Hey, I've got a SB Extigy and the same problem while trying to install the driver. The sound card is still unrecognized, even when using the setup program with admin rights and in compatibility mode.

Any idea ?

Paul have you tried to install the driver through Device manager?

I used the driver provided by Creative with the hardware and on their website. The issue is that the latest driver (the official one, at least) available is designed for XP...

Hmm...I just checked myself..
Have you tried posting in the Creative forum? Creative Labs - Creative Labs

If you've already tried compatibility mode and the like without success I'd try creatives forum. I know there's a guy called Daniel who goes in there and he's known for rewriting drivers.. Maybe he's modded these as well?

Extigy on Windows 7 - No Go

I'm also trying to get the Creative SB Extigy to run on Windows 7, with no luck. Anyone got it working? Can someone post specific step by step for which driver from where and how to get it to work?

Thanks,
-Roman

Not really pixelwhiz, we arrived at checking the forums over at creative as the solution.. If you check the posts one will have the link needed..

Brilliant!..Thankyou so much for updating... Many don't bother..

Drivers Creative

Sorry I have not posted a reply but was In Australia for awhile and all my info was on my home computer. I see you all found the driver.

Please, somebody can upload "sbext.inf_90a9513d.zip" to megaupload.com or rapidshare.com ???

thanx a lot.

Back