Windows Vista > Creative Sound Card - All Versions - Daniel_k drivers

U

Unregistered

Daniel_K, Who Fixed Creative's Broken Vista Drivers

Daniel_K:

We are aware that you have been assisting owners of our Creative sound cards for some time now, by providing unofficial driver packages for Vista that deliver more of the original functionality that was found in the equivalent XP packages for those sound cards. In principle we don't have a problem with you helping users in this way, so long as they understand that any driver packages you supply are not supported by Creative. Where we do have a problem is when technology and IP owned by Creative or other companies that Creative has licensed from, are made to run on other products for which they are not intended. We took action to remove your thread because, like you, Creative and its technology partners think it is only fair to be compensated for goods and services. The difference in this case is that we own the rights to the materials that you are distributing. By enabling our technology and IP to run on sound cards for which it was not originally offered or intended, you are in effect, stealing our goods. When you solicit donations for providing packages like this, you are profiting from something that you do not own. If we choose to develop and provide host-based processing features with certain sound cards and not others, that is a business decision that only we have the right to make.

Although you say you have discontinued your practice of distributing unauthorized software packages for Creative sound cards we have seen evidence of them elsewhere along with donation requests from you. We also note in a recent post of yours on these forums, that you appear to be contemplating the release of further packages. To be clear, we are asking you to respect our legal rights in this matter and cease all further unauthorized distribution of our technology and IP. In addition we request that you observe our forum rules and respect our right to enforce those rules. If you are in any doubt as to what we would consider unacceptable then please request clarification through one of our forum moderators before posting.

Phil O'Shaughnessy
VP Corporate Communications
Creative Labs Inc.

Drivers
Link: braziliantech Profile, braziliantech Details - FileFront.com

Hi all

Nice to see Creative have started taking an interest in the problems its "customers" have been experiencing.!!!!!!!!!!

I should imagine this has been the worse possible time for them right now and so it bloody should.... Deliberately crippling their own products... Disgusting :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I would just like to say fuck creative and win 7.if you have tried win 7 then you may have realized its full of bugs.lots of hardware will not work with it.its still slower than xp"they may be trying to force you to upgrade your pc".sounds like a big scam."slower os need faster pc to run it" .

"they do not want a fixed driver out there is you will have to upgrade your sound card".
after all why should you be able to use a card you already paid for?the idea is to keep your money going to microsoft and creative
.if you have to have a new sound card or os who do you usually buy from?chances are you would buy a creative sound card,and for an os most are gonna go with microsoft.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO SCAM YOU,BREAK THE STRANGLE HOLD THEY HAVE ON US.

oh yeh 1 more thing,go daniel_k send him all the money he needs to fight those bastards.hes not selling the driver hes asking for donations to fight off microsoft and creative.:):):):)

This is specifically for:

Phil O'Shaughnessy
VP Corporate Communications
Creative Labs Inc.

For some number of years as a musician, I found Creative sound cards to be the very best on the market with a few very high priced exceptions that made Creative look like a beginner. These high price cards were not beyond my reach but I considered them not worth the price. However, over the years, I found Creative's customer support absolutely stinks, that is, if one can find and/or have Creative support even offer any objective assistance. You, as a Creative employee (I neither know your supposed position nor do I care who you are.) have made decisions that annoy your customers. You seem to be doing your uneducated best to undermine Creative's reputation as a fair, helpful company. Most certainly, I shall never again purchase anything that carries any relationship to Creative.

Back