Windows 7 "Ctrl" not working to select multiple files?

DPounds

when I press "Ctrl" to select multiple files, it only works about 10% of the time. Is there a solution to this problem? Am I the only one that is experiencing this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 7 Ultimate 64bit

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums.

Make sure you press down the Alt key before selecting another item.

It should then highlight that item and include it in the list.

I've made the same mistake myself.

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums.

Make sure you press down the Alt key before selecting another item.

It should then highlight that item and include it in the list.

I've made the same mistake myself.

Still not working for me.

I tried pressing down the alt key and leaving it pressed. pressing the alt key then the Ctrl. and unfortunately I still cant get multiple files to select

Last edited:
No, you have to release the Control key, then depress it again and select the file you want to add to your list.

Is this the the official 7100 version directly from Microsoft?

Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?

Do you have any problem when you hit the Shift key and select the top entry and the bottom entry? Are they all highlighted?

Do you recall installing any new software that may have caused the problem?

To select items with the Shift key, you keep it pressed down and do not let go untill you choose your final file.

No, you have to release the Control key, then depress it again and select the file you want to add to your list.

Is this the the official 7100 version directly from Microsoft?

Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?

Do you have any problem when you hit the Shift key and select the top entry and the bottom entry? Are they all highlighted?

Do you recall installing any new software that may have caused the problem?

To select items with the Shift key, you keep it pressed down and do not let go untill you choose your final file.

thank you. My problem is solved. I didnt know I had to depress the Ctrl key and then press it again.

I'm the same as Stuey I just hold down Control key and click or hover mouse pointer until it changes color for as many as I want.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom