Windows 10 Cursor keep moving itself by right click

Nimit

Honorable Member
Hello,

After a recent update to next build of Windows 10 Pro my cursor keep moving itself if i do a right click, If you didn't get my problem watch the video below:

Last edited:
Hi Nimit,
I'd try updating the driver, if there is one? Is it a touchpad? Pop along to your system support page and see if an update is available.

Hi Nimit,
I've seen this kind of problem before, If it persists after replacing the mouse/touchpad driver, I might suggest that if you are using a wireless mouse, that you replace the battery or batteries. This is a common problem with wireless mice, and folks often forget that they do their upgrade to a years old computer to W10, that they might have batteries in the mouse that are just as old as the upgraded computer-o_O-those drain out and should be replaced at least once a year. So, if you can't remember the last time you replaced the batteries, it's probably an indicator that they are low and need to be replaced. Of course, if you have a wired mouse, you can unplug your wireless mouse dongle (USB thingy), and plug in the wired mouse (Microsoft, Logitech, or Dell are the best choices here) and the problem goes away, pretty much for sure it's the batteries.:polite: If after replacing the batteries, and the problem persists with a working wired mouse, you may need to perform a Windows reset from factory Windows Recovery Disks to fix the problem. (please don't forget to BACKUP all your personal data to external media prior to doing so!!).

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hi Nimit,
I'd try updating the driver, if there is one? Is it a touchpad? Pop along to your system support page and see if an update is available.
It is a and tried updating through intel website and device manager, both says "You have latest driver installed already." or something like that, the problem also happens to me when i upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 but i updated the driver and the issue gone.

Have you done any thing in the registry like changing or adding items?
Added keys to registry one or few times before updating.

Hi Nimit,
I've seen this kind of problem before, If it persists after replacing the mouse/touchpad driver, I might suggest that if you are using a wireless mouse, that you replace the battery or batteries. This is a common problem with wireless mice, and folks often forget that they do their upgrade to a years old computer to W10, that they might have batteries in the mouse that are just as old as the upgraded computer-o_O-those drain out and should be replaced at least once a year. So, if you can't remember the last time you replaced the batteries, it's probably an indicator that they are low and need to be replaced. Of course, if you have a wired mouse, you can unplug your wireless mouse dongle (USB thingy), and plug in the wired mouse (Microsoft, Logitech, or Dell are the best choices here) and the problem goes away, pretty much for sure it's the batteries.:polite: If after replacing the batteries, and the problem persists with a working wired mouse, you may need to perform a Windows reset from factory Windows Recovery Disks to fix the problem. (please don't forget to BACKUP all your personal data to external media prior to doing so!!).

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>
I use a Touchpad.

Thanks for your reply. I suggest you go into your computer's BIOS and temporarily DISABLE your touchpad device. Then find a wired mouse if you have one (or you can buy for $5-$10 at walmart or onine), and attach it. If the problem disappears with the usb wired mouse, it's likely a problem with the touchpad driver or the touchpad itself. Since you've already replaced the driver, it's quite likely the touchpad board itself is faulty.:waah: This is a $20 part but takes like $100 in labor to completely disassemble the laptop in order to replace the touchpad part itself. So, you are looking at a $100+ repair in the U.S. Outside the U.S., this could run to $200-$300 U.S. :ohno:

Workarounds I can suggest would be to keep the wired mouse you used for testing your touchpad and continue using that, or purchase a wireless mouse ($20-$60), and use that. In either case, as above, you'll need to figure out how to disable the faulty touchpad in your laptop's BIOS. If you need help with that, post back the make/model number of your laptop, and we'll give you a link to the owners manual so you can download it to another working computer you have access to and it will show you how to access your BIOS.

Another workaround is to purchase an inexpensive usb touchpad mouse such as here:
http://www.amazon.com/Adesso-Button-Glidepoint-Touchpad-Black/dp/B0007T27BE
This device works just like the built-in touchpad on your laptop, but it's an external device you plug into your laptop usb port. It doesn't take up a lot of room, and fits nicely into a laptop bag whenever you travel. I mention this since others have had this problem before of a faulty internal touchpad and didn't wish to use either a regular wired mouse or a wireless mouse as they preferred the touchpad.

Hope these suggestions prove helpful!
<<<BBJ>>> :lightbulb: :brew:

If you made a backup of the reg before doing the changes you could try and restore the old one to see if it helps.
I had a similar problem when I decided to remove the shortcut arrows from the desktop icons, once I returned the reg entries I changed to their default all was back to normal.

Thanks for your reply. I suggest you go into your computer's BIOS and temporarily DISABLE your touchpad device. Then find a wired mouse if you have one (or you can buy for $5-$10 at walmart or onine), and attach it. If the problem disappears with the usb wired mouse, it's likely a problem with the touchpad driver or the touchpad itself. Since you've already replaced the driver, it's quite likely the touchpad board itself is faulty.:waah: This is a $20 part but takes like $100 in labor to completely disassemble the laptop in order to replace the touchpad part itself. So, you are looking at a $100+ repair in the U.S. Outside the U.S., this could run to $200-$300 U.S. :ohno:

Workarounds I can suggest would be to keep the wired mouse you used for testing your touchpad and continue using that, or purchase a wireless mouse ($20-$60), and use that. In either case, as above, you'll need to figure out how to disable the faulty touchpad in your laptop's BIOS. If you need help with that, post back the make/model number of your laptop, and we'll give you a link to the owners manual so you can download it to another working computer you have access to and it will show you how to access your BIOS.

Another workaround is to purchase an inexpensive usb touchpad mouse such as here:
Amazon.com: Adesso Easy Cat 2 Button Glidepoint Touchpad (Black): Electronics
This device works just like the built-in touchpad on your laptop, but it's an external device you plug into your laptop usb port. It doesn't take up a lot of room, and fits nicely into a laptop bag whenever you travel. I mention this since others have had this problem before of a faulty internal touchpad and didn't wish to use either a regular wired mouse or a wireless mouse as they preferred the touchpad.

Hope these suggestions prove helpful!
<<<BBJ>>> :lightbulb: :brew:
You making me scare :( i prefer touchpad as i cannot carry the mouse anywhere and maybe in India it's cheaper for repairing touchpad?
If you made a backup of the reg before doing the changes you could try and restore the old one to see if it helps.
I had a similar problem when I decided to remove the shortcut arrows from the desktop icons, once I returned the reg entries I changed to their default all was back to normal.
I don't know all i did is installed the reg key.

I'm not understanding your issue! Why are you right clicking??
Right-clicking an item usually displays a list of things you can do with the item. For example, when you right-click the Recycle Bin on your desktop, you'll see a menu with options to open it, empty it, delete it, or see its properties.
This is the best I can do !
For Seniors: How to Use the Touchpad, Your Laptop’s Built-In Mouse - For Dummies
If i right click it automatically moves the cursor from it, didn't you checked the video? :).

Yes sir! I watched the video, but it was not clear to me what the problem was. If you do not have the problem with a wireless or a wired mouse, @BIGBEARJEDI then it must be a be touch pad issue. If up dating the driver does not help, then I don't have a answer or a suggestion for you!;):)

Of course I don't know how much it would cost to replace your touchpad in India; you'll have to check that out yourself, but typically with users in other countries who have had their touchpad replaced, they told me it's rather more expensive than the cost of that repair here in U.S. as with all other laptop repairs.:cash:

Why did you make changes to the Registry? What keys exactly were changed? Did you use the Regedit.exe built-in windows registry editing program to change those keys, or some other 3rd party program? If so, what was the name of that program?

Why can't you borrow or buy a cheap wired mouse to test your touchpad?:confused:

And finally, I understand you can't carry a mouse with you. You might need to REINSTALL your Win10 from scratch in Custom mode, making sure to first backup all your personal data to external media. If you have or can create factory RECOVERY DISCS from your laptop, you can perform a Windows RESET, which would completely reinstall your Win10, but you must remember to format the hard drive first! There's a possibility that you inserted some bad data into the Registry (not sure why you did this, unless it was to fix your touchpad doing the things you showed us in your posted video). If this is the case a Windows RESET has a good possibility of working. Remember what I said; testing your laptop with a cheap wired mouse is the EASIEST way to see if your touchpad is damaged, but not the ONLY way.

If upon completion of the hard drive format and the Win10 REINSTALL or Win10 RESET, the problem persists, then you have a faulty touchpad and it must be replaced!:waah: That cost could be prohibitive we don't know, unless other volunteers in our forum who live in India can help out on what that costs.

Let us know how it goes,
<<<BBJ>>>

Yes sir! I watched the video, but it was not clear to me what the problem was. If you do not have the problem with a wireless or a wired mouse, @BIGBEARJEDI then it must be a be touch pad issue. If up dating the driver does not help, then I don't have a answer or a suggestion for you!;):)

Of course I don't know how much it would cost to replace your touchpad in India; you'll have to check that out yourself, but typically with users in other countries who have had their touchpad replaced, they told me it's rather more expensive than the cost of that repair here in U.S. as with all other laptop repairs.:cash:

Why did you make changes to the Registry? What keys exactly were changed? Did you use the Regedit.exe built-in windows registry editing program to change those keys, or some other 3rd party program? If so, what was the name of that program?

Why can't you borrow or buy a cheap wired mouse to test your touchpad?:confused:

And finally, I understand you can't carry a mouse with you. You might need to REINSTALL your Win10 from scratch in Custom mode, making sure to first backup all your personal data to external media. If you have or can create factory RECOVERY DISCS from your laptop, you can perform a Windows RESET, which would completely reinstall your Win10, but you must remember to format the hard drive first! There's a possibility that you inserted some bad data into the Registry (not sure why you did this, unless it was to fix your touchpad doing the things you showed us in your posted video). If this is the case a Windows RESET has a good possibility of working. Remember what I said; testing your laptop with a cheap wired mouse is the EASIEST way to see if your touchpad is damaged, but not the ONLY way.

If upon completion of the hard drive format and the Win10 REINSTALL or Win10 RESET, the problem persists, then you have a faulty touchpad and it must be replaced!:waah: That cost could be prohibitive we don't know, unless other volunteers in our forum who live in India can help out on what that costs.

Let us know how it goes,
<<<BBJ>>>
I installed Asus automatically driver updater and it found no updates of touchpad and message box popup "Asus Smart Gesture has been suspended which is connected to my touchpad.

Hi

One off the wall suggestion...

I've had several cases running Windows 10 where it old hardware didn't like the latest driver.

If you can roll back the driver to the one that was working before you updated give it a try and see if it helps.

It's a long shot but it's worked for me when I had issues on things like sound drivers etc.

Mike

Back