Cursor keeps jumping about when a Symbol suddenly appears !!

PeterD

Hi Newbie needs HELP !

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎19/‎11/‎2020
OS build 19044.1620
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

A week ago I purchased a very old Dell Laptop Latitude E6430 which is driving me "potty" unless I am carefully watching the screen I could be typing 'anywhere'. For example typing the title for this post I found it in the search bar in Google which I had to Cut & Paste to get it into THIS post.

I have been told by Dell forums that it could be the mouse wheel causing the problem so I have changed it to a DELL mouse which I had but it's the same. It was also suggested to go into the setting and turn OFF a certain command but it did not have a disable tab just a reduce sensitivity tab which I put at minimum sensitivity but it's made no difference.

I am totally out of ideas, I attach a pic of the symbol.

If you can solve you go 'straight to the top of my Christmas card list' Thanks !!

Attachments

• query.jpg
    query.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 81
That mouse pointer is when the mouse wheel is clicked. If the Dell mouse is old the wheel could be defective. You can purchase Logitech mouse from target or Walmart. which has a wheel also. My Logitech mouse is M510. But any mouse with USB adapter will work.

Last edited:
I think I need to mention that this laptop will not be able to run windows 11. The CPU the laptop has is not supported and there is no CPU the laptop can be upgraded to to fix this sadly.

Thanks for your input Dave67 for interest the problem is solved and I am closing the Post.

It was solved on a different Forum however a LOT of replies did not help until someone suggested changing my browser to Firefox which I did and 'brilliant' no further trouble as I was able to untick SCROLLING which I could not do in Chrome and no further trouble.

Your suggestion to change the mouse !! no it was a brand new mouse which I now love as it's BIG whereas my previous mouse was a White Wireless and came with a keyboard I no longer use.

I've just got to suss how to STOP this post SOLVED must be somewhere thanks again.

Thanks for your input Dave67 for interest the problem is solved and I am closing the Post.

It was solved on a different Forum however a LOT of replies did not help until someone suggested changing my browser to Firefox which I did and 'brilliant' no further trouble as I was able to untick SCROLLING which I could not do in Chrome and no further trouble.

Your suggestion to change the mouse !! no it was a brand new mouse which I now love as it's BIG whereas my previous mouse was a White Wireless and came with a keyboard I no longer use.

I've just got to suss how to STOP this post SOLVED must be somewhere thanks again.

Thanks again Dave67 just to mention, I have NO INTEREST in Window 11 or 10 for that matter and why they couldn't just upgrade Windows 7 a little and leave us support when businesses were using the system so well I'll never know but there you are that's progress for you !!

Back
Top Bottom