Windows 7 Custom Signature Request

Re: [langtitle=sv]Re: GFX Request[/langtitle]

Thank you and my congrats to you on mod status.
congrats.jpgSONNY
Two Richard's in one Thread........It's intolerable I'm off to the BSOD Threads :D

yes it is :D....im going home.....TAXI!

cartoon-taxi-car-thumb12624570.jpg

Not a Sig but an Avatar today for NMSUK :)

nmsavatar.png

200x200 and 46.4Kb

Direct Link > Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:

very nice ciara!:) i remember now where i parked it.;)

Thank you Richard ... shame the Mods cant have a bit bigger Avatar ...

Hey guys, you're continuing to do a great job :)

Can I get a new signature with something related to BF3?
Battlefield-3.jpg

I think Richard is waiting to make something ... but your in the GFX Team ... do you not make any :confused:

Thank you Rich ... The GFX Team still needs artists so any members who can produce GFX work please join our Team ! :p

Do really love my sig. and avatar. Thank you Ciara and Richard (sensible name even for an Alien)

we did tried to blend in with you earthlings. but we look more normal. :bigtongue:

thumbnail.aspx.jpeg

Thank you Rich ... The GFX Team still needs artists so any members who can produce GFX work please join our Team ! :p

i am in your team...last time i've checked i was...:andwhat: ....ohh! you mean the human Richard :teeth:

Who are you calling human? We in teh alpha centuri federation wave and blow raspberries in your general direction. Now I'm going to stop before giving myself a warning for being off topic :D

Re: [langtitle=v]Re: GFX Request[/langtitle]

The new Sig size of 728 by 90 pixels makes our latest work look like >

ciaranightsig2.png

And to keep prospective >

unledxhe.png

I'm afraid Sigs may be just text from now, all our past work is void :sosad:

This isn't good at all.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Due to the overwhelming size of signatures, I am afraid that we have adopted the international standard of 728x90 and enforced this rule now for all signatures. This is necessary in order for us to avoid "signature creep" that can occur on forums whereas the signatures can get so large that they take up the entire screen. I assure you that this policy was not implemented to ruin everyone's existing signature, but must be made prominent to avoid signatures that are so large that they obscure the text of the actual message. It is important to us as a team and a website that signatures are respected, but that the message and messenger are always respected more. Lately, we have seen the size of signatures double and even triple. No doubt, this has been the result of the hard and tedious work of the GFX Team. However, as members of the forum team, we must remain mindful of the fact that many members are having difficulties with their systems, using low resolution monitors, and may not be able to download high resolution images.

I hope that the GFX Team can take on the challenge of this new age. Old signatures do not have to be completely discarded, but could be placed in an album of prior works. Certainly, I would consider them to be works of art, and this was one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make that affects the entire userbase in awhile. I know how much time has gone into this work, and while it is unfortunate, I believe it will benefit forum members overall when given a chance.

The goal of course is to make it possible for all members and viewers to appreciate the amazing works of art you are creating, while not losing sight of the content of messages with such large signature output.

When basing this decision, we used the IAA standard for max banner advertisement size from the IAB. More information can be found here about this: IAB - Ad Unit Guidelines

I am aware that there will be resistance to this change, and perhaps even, all out rebellion. I hope that this is not taken as an action that was entirely directed at the GFX Team. Far from it, this action has been taken when weighing all possible options for providing fair sized signatures and viewable content for all. It is similar to the reason that we ditched the legacy postbit (user information on the left side) vs. the top-down view for user information.

I have also posted a message about this in the GFX Group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: GFX Request

While some may object the page load times have decreased by almost half. Thats a huge improvement so I have to agree with Mike.

Back